2024 NFL Changes

2 minutes ago, VDizzle12 said:

Same. While I'm in the minority here, I think variety is good. I can also understand the worry that it can turn the league into a free-for-all like college. But that means team switching helmets every week. As it stands now I have no problem with teams wearing alternates 3 times a year. Out of the "big 4" major leagues in America the NFL is still far behind everyone else and has shown the most restraint. I'm completely okay with "city" uniforms in other leagues but can agree that it's not necessary in the NFL. If the H-Town unis are the closest we get to that, I'm fine. 

Like it or not this is the way the world of sports branding has gone. 

It depends on how you measure it. Do you look at it as 4 games per season, or as just under 25% of the season? I lean toward the latter, so I'm not sure that it is the most restraint.

It's where I sit.

Maybe it’s too soon to be asking this now, but who’s on the shortlist of teams who need a uniform overhaul now that the Bengals, Cardinals, and Broncos have all updated their looks?

I elect the Jaguars and Commanders. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 1

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

I really wish the home set was the template the rest of the uniforms followed, with the horn helmet as the primary option.

As they are, they’re decent-to-cringeworthy. The H-town set looks ridiculous, while the all-red is a miss. Their primary set is adequate.

Ultimately, I’d say the Lions won this year of tweaking. The Jets are in second, Broncos in third, and Texans leading up the rear. For however iffy the Broncos’ uniforms are, they don’t have an “H-town”-level turd in their set.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1

Just now, Chawls said:

Maybe it’s too soon to be asking this now, but who’s on the shortlist of teams who need a uniform overhaul now that the Bengals, Cardinals, and Broncos have all updated their looks?

Commanders, Jaguars, Eagles, Falcons

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Chawls said:

I could maybe see the Rams and Dolphins tweaking their looks, especially with the popularity of Miami's throwback uniforms. 

The Saints are in dire need of an update too.

• Like 5

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

15 minutes ago, 29texan said:

tzh3z0yi9hu0rdbwi7bd.jpg

One thing that I noticed is that the Texans are using the alternate FUSE template cut. I think if Denver had chosen to use this cut instead of the standard. It really helps to go with this version when adding the horns to the away jerseys. 

GI-ebczbcAATekB.jpeg

At least the uniforms will fit much better than here, but at least you can see how this cut helps the design. 

rawImage.jpg

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

39 minutes ago, bowld said:

Saw this on their website-

UPDATED DEEP STEEL BLUE COLOR MATCHES ORIGINAL DEEP STEEL BLUE UNVEILED IN 2000

spacer.png

This doesn't look as bad. Maybe it's just the 7 and 3 that weigh the whole thing down.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, JQK said:

HAIL SATAN!

I think you're on to something.  I just referred to this set as the "Hail Satan" set in a work chat and it's already caught on.  At least two others have since called it that.

Check out my site at stevebcreations.com

New uni rankings:

1. Jets

-Really solid set. I don't even hate the BFBS uniform. Just please never wear black pants with any other jersey.

2. Lions

-They might have been #1 if they put stripes on the blue, white and black pants. And I'm sure they're wear mono-white far too often. I actually like their BFBS as well.

3. Texans

-Could be better could be worse, lateral move to slight downgrade.

4. Broncos

-Could have been a lot worse but again not great and too many gimmicks. Throwback is sexy.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, JM11_Design said:

spacer.png

From release video on Youtube. Darker blue, lighter red. 

Old Poorly-Educated Great-Uncle Voice:  HEHEH LOOKS LIKE DEH TEXANS ARE ON THE RAGGGGGG

• LOL 1
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

17 hours ago, Sodboy13 said:

So the mothership reports that the Vikings are also adding white helmets, to go with new leaked white alternate jerseys, which have LITERAL ICICLES HANGING OFF THE NUMERALS BECAUSE OMG THEY'RE SO ICY AND CLEAN. ❄️🥶🧊

I cannot wait for this trend to White Star Line itself straight into the briny :censored: ing deep.

Prison. No arrest, no trial, just straight to prison.

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

15 minutes ago, Chawls said:

Titans and Commanders

• Like 5

I know I'm in the minority, but I really don't like these. Besides switching back to the original shade of navy blue so that it can match the helmet, everything else is a downgrade. I don't like either of the two alternates and the number font is significantly worse.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Meh 1

8 minutes ago, Chawls said:

Falcons.  

Ravens need to but they seem content to stick with what they have.

I think the Titans will be eligible, maybe they’ll want to return to a more classic or updated Oilers look.

Eagles need to, but I think that wordmark change reset their clock.

Commanders - will be interesting to see if they rebrand, and if they wait until stadium plans are finalized before they do, or if they just decide to do new uniforms quickly with the new ownership waiver.

My wildcard is Seattle.  New HC Mike Macdonald is putting his stamp on that team.  Just read they’ve taken down all of the old Pete Carroll slogans and wall murals featuring past players and that they want the team to enter a new era with their own identity.  Makes sense that they might want to update their 2012 look.

I wouldn’t be surprised though if no team updated in 2025.

15 minutes ago, LAWeaver said:

As a Saints fan, I was afraid to say this, but with the uniform being relatively simple, my concern would be that an update would be overly designed. 

• Like 3

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

17 minutes ago, LAWeaver said:

I could maybe see the Rams and Dolphins tweaking their looks, especially with the popularity of Miami's throwback uniforms. 

Saints, good call.  Would be nice to see them switch to the Throwback/Color Rush unis permanently with an updated helmet color shell to match.

• Like 1