2024 NFL Changes

Texans had one of my favorite sets in the NFL. But only teams that are old as :censored: are allowed to keep their uniforms for too long. Their look didn't do something that overtly modern at the time and felt it like it could last a while.

If the Texas uniforms were dated, then so are the Colts, Packers, and Steelers.

10 hours ago, infrared41 said:

Just my take, but it's like they're shouting "hey, look at us!"  - just like a mid-tier college team does to try to get attention. You're not the UTEP Miners of the "who gives a :censored: conference", you're the Denver Broncos of the NFL. Dress accordingly.

Your UTEP analogy is spot on. That is almost exactly who they look like. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

The NCAA-ification of the NFL is a real drag.

And I don't even hate the Texans, especially if they hold tight to actual home and away designations.

But all of these uniform combos and billions of helmets; it cheapens the game to me.

It really is an odd change in a league that treats a helmet as a logo in and of itself (and not just in the Cleveland Browns fashion).

• Like 3

VmWIn6B.png

The red helmet and horns on the red jersey lacking white...while the numbers and pants stripes do...that's one of those inconsistencies that just drives me absolutely crazy. Really dig the home uniform. I've always had an inexplicable soft spot for TV numbers being slightly different from main numbers. Kinda ironic, given my gripes on consistency lol.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Chawls said:

Maybe it’s too soon to be asking this now, but who’s on the shortlist of teams who need a uniform overhaul now that the Bengals, Cardinals, and Broncos have all updated their looks?

I elect the Jaguars and Commanders. 

Denver again. 

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Apparently there was a lot of back and forth on how much of that blue they could use.  I was hoping for more.

Source?

2 minutes ago, CreamSoda said:

Denver again. 

2029, bet on it.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

6uXNWAo.png

4 hours ago, AgentColon2 said:

In case you missed the logo on our helmet, check the sleeve.

I thought this kind of assery was in the past.

probably more geared towards fan jerseys since the previous ones, despite having the wordmark, didn’t have any other branding marks. I’m not a fan, but I kinda get it. 

3 hours ago, Sodboy13 said:

I had forgotten the Jaguars briefly had striped black pants before going all leotard. If the '98 throwbacks got made permanent, I wouldn't be averse.

spacer.png

I loved those as an alt. They looked excellent in night games. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

It's sad that we've reached a point where it's considered an "upgrade" if a team doesn't completely screw up their redesign, no matter how uninspiring it is.

This whole process has become exhausting with all the teasers, leaks, hype videos, fake names of colors, gimmicky names of uniforms, backstories behind the most trivial uniform details, etc.  I miss when a team would say they are releasing the uniforms on a certain date and then post photos of players in those uniforms on that date.

Oh, and I can't even remember the last team to release a new uniform that didn't feature at least one Color Rush/monochrome uniform option. Is it a requirement at this point?

• Like 2

These are definitely not as extreme as I feared. The home and road uniforms are pretty solid, though I still don't like how Navy blue-heavy they are, even more-so now. They also need to both be either using the bullhorn striping or the logo patch; I don't like the inconsistency there. The alternate reds are too much for me with all the excessive red. Plus, the horn decal on the helmet is very hard to see without any white included. The H-Town uniform isn't as awful as I would've imagined, but like with their Color Rush's previously, it's just so pointless given that they already have another uniform that is Navy blue.

The Texans new look is overall fine. It's different enough to grab your attention, but I really don't know if I would say they're an upgrade or even a downgrade. Just... a little different. I give them a C.

1 hour ago, YelichGraphics said:

I've simply never understood this take. What makes having more options less professional? What makes having combinations and the ability to put show your brand in an another way that it contrasts the competitors brand on the same playing field.

How about this? We've reached the point where even logo geeks like us can tune in an NBA game and have no idea who's playing because the teams have so many uniforms. It's like if Coca-Cola had 20 different "can combos" for Coke Classic and most of them had an alternate logo and colors. That's how it dilutes the brand.

• Like 13

BB52Big.jpg