So there we have it. My rankings for the new uniforms:

1. Jets

2. Texans

3. Lions

4. Broncos

My rankings are: 

1. Jets

2. Broncos

3. Lions - They would have been #1 with stripes on all the pants. 

4. Texans

• Like 1

spacer.png

“Let’s create something for everyone.”, Texans CEO Cal McNair.

And that is exactly how you make something which appeals to no one.

• Like 7
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Of all the potential mixing-and-matching possibilities, I feel that the navy helmet/red jersey/white pants/navy socks would be their best combination. Runner-up would be navy helmet/white jersey/navy pants/red socks. 

• Like 3

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Texans set is actually quite nice, pretty inoffensive overall. Definitely would love it a lot more if the home matched the away and red alt, but what's here isn't quite worth getting upset over. The primary home is the only big disappointment in my book; the away and alt are slick and modern without being over-the-top and the H-town alt isn't too flashy either, even if the helmet logo is pretty bad. The all-red helmet with the horns looks awesome, love it as an alternate look. Hope to see white pants or the typical navy helmet with that set at some point. I'm mostly just thrilled to see contrasting pants and socks on the standard home and away combos. That is huge. Not my favorite set in the league, maybe a lil bland at times, but definitely gives the Texans more personality. I'd give it a B+, would be an A with a better number font and horns on the home jersey.

• Like 3

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

Love the primary home & away uniforms.  

The home is classy, though the 1-color TV numbers don’t make sense to me.  

The away is an improvement and I like the change to Navy numbers.  

The red alternate is no good.  Too much red.

The H-Town alt isn’t as bad as I thought.  

One major thing I noticed is the difference in some of the decoration materials used here; from FlexStyle logo patches to the materials used on the numbers and pant striping, it really adds to the simplicity of the design.

Number font & helmet finish are also a big improvement.

It makes zero sense to me that the bullhorn sleeve stripes are on the white road uniforms, but not the blue home uniforms.

But then for some reason they are also on the red alternate uniforms? The ones that also have bullhorns on the helmet, making the sleeve stripes completely redundant...

Whyyyyyy?

• Like 14
  • Applause 1

Glaring issue is that there's white trim in the stripe on the red pants, but not in the sleeve stripe or the helmet horn it's married to. 

Again...it's little attention-to-detail things that always feel like get through the cracks during these redesigns. How did anyone look at that entire uniform and not immediately say "wait, hold on, we need the center stripe on the horn to be white on the jersey and helmet." 

It hurts my head. 

• Like 8

Just now, bowld said:

Saw this on their website-

UPDATED DEEP STEEL BLUE COLOR MATCHES ORIGINAL DEEP STEEL BLUE UNVEILED IN 2000

spacer.png

That's a great look.  I like the new numbers, personally.  Collar looks good with pads.  

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

The NCAA-ification of the NFL is a real drag.

And I don't even hate the Texans, especially if they hold tight to actual home and away designations.

But all of these uniform combos and billions of helmets; it cheapens the game to me.

• Like 17
  • Love 1
  • Applause 2
  • Yawn 1

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

It says on the Texans landing page for the reveal that the alternate is the "first City Edition" in the NFL. It actually says that. Could be a case of their production team just lazily throwing words around, but could be an indicator of how talks with Nike have gone and lead me to believe what I suspect is going to be a shift towards some very unconventional alternates (I try to block it from my brain, but the Commanders black uniform very much fits this mold, as did the Falcons gradient which was reminiscent of the Hawks)

• Like 1
  • Huh? 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Eyeroll 1