2024 NFL Changes

4 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

I can’t listen to this crap and closed the video. She does realize the Titans literally own the Oilers and it’s a continuation of their franchise? They are one and the same entity. How can you be upset at the Titans wearing throwbacks from their own franchise history? Whether the Tennessee fans take to the Oilers history or not, it is rightfully theirs to do with it as they please. Do you see the Milwaukee Brewers moaning and complaining about the Braves wearing their city’s uniforms?

Not just that, but the Adams family founded the Oilers. Changing names from the Houston Oilers to the Tennessee Titans doesn't change that. But it does make you appreciate the Browns fighting to retain their history and the NBA's Hornets getting theirs back.

• Like 2

I, for one, am pretty excited about the new Denver Turtles new uniforms!

nwrPq59.png

I do think it's a bit over the top that Nike would use their swoosh as the turtle's eye, but I guess that's some artistic flair!

But honestly ... I'm not going to be able to look at these without seeing that turtle profile!

• LOL 1
  • WOAH 1
  • Huh? 5

I’m not sure if I’d make this switch if it was up to me, but it makes the design feel a bit fresher. Then again, I’m 32 and navy blue is really all I remember the Broncos wearing besides the odd throwback here or there.

• Like 17
  • Love 3
  • Applause 3
  • Meh 2

I don't know if this clicked for anyone else, but it also appears very obvious that the notch that everyone is comparing to the Chargers lightning bolt is from the jaw line in the logo. 

Like, I don't even really see mountains represented in that sleeve cap design. It's a very awkward, directionless concoction of layered geometric shapes. 

I'm sorry, but the design element aspects of this entire uniform is hot garbage, amateurish and unfinished looking. The only redeeming quality is that, yes, if they wore them in the combinations presented on the team store models, they'll look good from a stadium seat or on TV at a glance. 

But if 10 CCSLers were given the same general prompt the Nike team was, 10 of us would knock it out of the park compared to what we got. 

• Like 9

10 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

I’m not sure if I’d make this switch if it was up to me, but it makes the design feel a bit fresher. Then again, I’m 32 and navy blue is really all I remember the Broncos wearing besides the odd throwback here or there.

spacer.png

Man, that vibrancy is undeniable.

• Like 8
  • LOL 1

7 minutes ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

if 10 CCSLers were given the same general prompt the Nike team was, 10 of us would knock it out of the park compared to what we got. 

No question.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

BB52Big.jpg

15 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

All I see with that lighter blue is Boise State 🤷‍♂️

• Like 8

24 minutes ago, lordsketor said:

How appropriate that today is Jack Nicholson's 87th Birthday..

Happy Birthday, Jack!

On another note, how would a medium royal blue have worked for the Broncos (e.g., Giants and Bills)? I think it would've been a nice balance and fit the color scheme a lot more than the starker navy or the "soft" light royal.

• Like 2

I still prefer navy for the Broncos.  The bright blue is good for throwbacks, but I think a team with a main colour as a bright orange doesn't need it up against a very bright shade of blue.  The navy and white balance it perfectly. 

38 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

Happy Birthday, Jack!

On another note, how would a medium royal blue have worked for the Broncos (e.g., Giants and Bills)? I think it would've been a nice balance and fit the color scheme a lot more than the starker navy or the "soft" light royal.

I like that idea. Especially with the type of paint job they use, since it’d be dark anyway most of the time, but lighter some of it. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, Haz_Matt said:

All I see with that lighter blue is Boise State 🤷‍♂️

Exactly what I thought upon seeing it. And in navy, it looks so much like Virginia. I can't put my finger on it, but there is something about these uniforms that just looks so mid-tier collegiate.

• Like 3
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.