2024 NFL Changes

On 2/20/2024 at 3:10 PM, Survival79 said:

So... does anyone already miss these? 🤣

zZjfWUR.png

kmFEQd2.gif

• Dislike 2
  • Sad 1
  • Eyeroll 1

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

3 minutes ago, Sodboy13 said:

So the mothership reports that the Vikings are also adding white helmets, to go with new leaked white alternate jerseys, which have LITERAL ICICLES HANGING OFF THE NUMERALS BECAUSE OMG THEY'RE SO ICY AND CLEAN. ❄️🥶🧊

I cannot wait for this trend to White Star Line itself straight into the briny :censored: ing deep.

spacer.png

If we HAVE to have a fourth jersey that's white, I'd much prefer a 1969-1995 Throwback, with the Shoulder stripes. And the only alternate helmet we should have is a deep purple helmet for our Throwbacks.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 9
  • Love 1
  • Applause 1

da0Lbhs.png

My takes so far:

NY JETS

LOVE: The callback to the Jets of my youth with the green & white sets.  

LIKE: The addition of green pants.

NOT SO MUCH: The entire black set, unneeded, ugly, and just gratuitous.  A throwback Namath era would have been a better option.

DETROIT LIONS

LOVE: Use of consistent striping from helmet to sleeve to pants (silver only)

LIKE: Traditional block font is fine with me.  No more all grey or all white looks. 

NOT SO MUCH: Stripeless pants and another gratuitous BFBS alternate.

DENVER BRONCOS

LOVE: The jerseys, overall really strong.  Pant stripes. The throwback alts. 

LIKE: The use of 3 jerseys to have both orange and black alts. 

NOT SO MUCH: a bit too much with the triangles. The helmet stripe is godawful.  No striping on socks. 

Overall a pretty decent year for Nike so far, no truly horrible looks, just a few items that need to be adjusted (Detroit pants all need stripes, Denver helmet stripe, Jets need a throwback).  

• Like 2

Updating my list of alternate helmets coming this year now that more information is available-

* Ravens- rumored to be purple with a gold facemask and the alternate bird face/head logo

* Giants- this one is still unknown. We saw the alternate jersey leak so have to assume this will be a faux leather look like Washington wore previously or maybe the NY logo that has a strike through it like they wore in 1975

* Vikings- rumored to be white to go with new icy alternate

* Packers- rumored to be white

* Broncos- white as we saw today

* Lions- black as we saw last week

* Jets- black as we saw last week

* Jaguars- throwback to wear with  teal throwback jersey

* Texans- Navy blue with Old English H on it

10 minutes ago, bowld said:

Updating my list of alternate helmets coming this year now that more information is available-

* Ravens- rumored to be purple with a gold facemask and the alternate bird face/head logo

* Giants- this one is still unknown. We saw the alternate jersey leak so have to assume this will be a faux leather look like Washington wore previously or maybe the NY logo that has a strike through it like they wore in 1975

* Vikings- rumored to be white to go with new icy alternate

* Packers- rumored to be white

* Broncos- white as we saw today

* Lions- black as we saw last week

* Jets- black as we saw last week

* Texans- Navy blue with Old English H on it

You mean blue w/black lion for the Lions.

• Like 2

Extremely happy to see the side panels are officially gone. The jerseys by themselves are pretty solid and I like that the road ones have some more orange included (which the previous ones lacked). The striping is meh on the pants and terrible on the helmet. I'm actually happy to see the limited changes on the number font because I was always a fan of that. How these all look during gameday is going to depend on which combos they decide to use. Unfortunately, I think they'll mostly blow given the old (and current) trend of the leggings look, along with the new trend of universal white socks. The pictures posted by them doesn't aspire confidence.

I was initially shocked at the amount of negative reactions for these Broncos uniforms, but I guess I can understand some of the gripes. It really does feel like there's too much going on with the elements and marketing speak. I think taking away just a few of them could lighten them up a bit there, but as they stand, it's just too much Colorado.

I think these are still an upgrade, not as bad as I thought they would be, but I just can't see them standing the test of time (which is what I was truly looking for with these uniforms). I guess I'd say C+.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, bowld said:

Add a white helmet for the Jaguars, according to the mothership. Duval loves to keep it icy, because that's still the slang term they use for crystal meth.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

3 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:
3 hours ago, infrared41 said:

He's probably thinking "should've" and typing it as "should of."

And...?

Just trying to cut someone a little slack. No point in piling over a simple mistake. Ain't no one perfect around here.

• Like 3

BB52Big.jpg

33 minutes ago, ramsjetsthunder said:

You know the biggest mystery.... how did Antonio Brown become the foremost authority in uniform leaks?

Well, his brain has been leaking since at least college. At least now it’s leaking useful things. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sodboy13 said:

So the mothership reports that the Vikings are also adding white helmets, to go with new leaked white alternate jerseys, which have LITERAL ICICLES HANGING OFF THE NUMERALS BECAUSE OMG THEY'RE SO ICY AND CLEAN. ❄️🥶🧊

I cannot wait for this trend to White Star Line itself straight into the briny :censored: ing deep.

I think this is the year that the 🥶 🧼 trend jumps the 🦈  in popularity. 

• Applause 1

11 minutes ago, Rhyno716 said:

Another Texans leak.spacer.png

Cue Cool Kid Cal doing an outdated mannequin challenge photo op with a solid deep steel blue polo shirt. Captioned “Can’t wait!”

Also, that red/white/red combo for Arizona is so incredibly fictitious. They’d never do such a blasphemous thing.

• Like 9

3 hours ago, KouPilot said:

I don't mind the uniform combos on the mannequins at the broncos stadium store spacer.png

Old number font superior and should've been kept 

• Like 6
  • Dislike 2