2024 NFL Changes

I'm picturing the discussions about new uniforms being developed and released, and I'm getting two primary schools of thought.

"If this fails, we always have the classic template styles to fall back on. At least we can say we're trying something new."

"This strategy of releasing likely junk worked for Coca-Cola, and it can work for us too."

But this thought is not being considered:  Don't stray too far from what made you popular. Those who didn't like you may still not like you, and those who did like you may leave you.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AgentColon2 said:

The Texans new home jersey baffles me. Just took the old jersey and removed the shoulder stripes, updated the font(removing outline for tv numbers) and slapped the logo on the sleeve. 

Because they needed something for those who liked the current uniform in one of their 4 different iterations of this uniform?

I'm not trying to justify it - because I can't, but that's my guess at their explanation.

• Like 1

It's where I sit.

12 hours ago, Rhyno716 said:

Another Texans leak.spacer.png

The only real criticism people seemed to have with the Texans' soon-to-be previous uniforms was that they were "boring" and "generic". So the Texans' response is to make their new home uniform even more boring and generic... but with worse numbers. Fantastic.

• Like 10

spacer.png

12 hours ago, TrueYankee26 said:

At least it would makes sense for Minnesota and any other Upper Midwest team if they did that because of the climate *runs before tomatoes goes my direction*

Yeah but what about when they wear them week 1 in September when its 75 degrees

• Like 1

I don't hate the Texans new numbers, but also from what we have seen of the new home uniform, it seems like a lateral (if not) a minor downgrade. Like it still will look like the Texans, but they just decided to minimalism themselves in the most obnoxious way.

7 minutes ago, burgundy said:

The only real criticism people seemed to have with the Texans' soon-to-be previous uniforms was that they were "boring" and "generic". So the Texans' response is to make their new home uniform even more boring and generic... but with worse numbers. Fantastic.

Completely agree.

I feel like the one thing that people were sort of excited about was the use of the old Oiler blue. And even that seems like its barely used and paired with a horrendous helmet. 

1 hour ago, AgentColon2 said:

In case you missed the logo on our helmet, check the sleeve.

I thought this kind of assery was in the past.

Weird enough 8 (9 counting Houston) teams do this (logo on sleeve).

OF those 8, 5 are repeat of the helmet decal (Dolphins, Saints, Falcons, Panthers, Patriots) and now the Texans.

The other 3 (Bucs, Ravens and Eagles) don't have their main logo on sleeve, or helmet uses a logo that is different from the sleeve.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Klondyke said:

I will never get why teams don't market test different designs. Just because designers like something, does not mean the public will

Probably an effort to prevent leaks. I mean, everything gets leaked anyway, but it's better to have it leaked closer to release rather than give people an idea of what they will see months away. Even if you have someone sign an NDA, it will be leaked eventually, I think that's been proven.

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

I had forgotten the Jaguars briefly had striped black pants before going all leotard. If the '98 throwbacks got made permanent, I wouldn't be averse.

spacer.png

• Like 6
  • Love 2
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Any detailed analysis I have of the new Broncos uniforms is completely distracted by two things -- 

1) The absolute insistence on matching the socks to the pants is straight up ruining these uniforms.  How great would blue socks look on the home uniform? Or orange, as seen on the home uniform in the image from the Broncos shop? Looking at those white socks with white pants, more than any other uniform I've ever seen, totally distracts and RUINS the rest of the look. Same with any of the pants/sock monochromatic combos. Looks total bush league and drags the uniform  down a great deal.

2) Maintaining navy was a mistake. This was an opportunity to lean into orange and get back into royal, and instead, the navy makes the uniforms look very generic. Very basic. In a way, it makes these new uniforms look like an AI-generated version of a Denver Broncos uniform (especially with the numbers on the away jersey still being navy).

That being said, there's a lot I like.

--The jerseys are great -- turning the logo's jawline into a mountain sleeve cap is fun, and a little bit of a 1966 homage.

--The orange pants are awesome, and the stripes on the pants in general are unique and also fine. 

--There's more orange on the away jersey, which is a huge win.

--It'll be interesting to see the different combinations they go with. The navy and orange pants will at least allow this team to mix and match instead of going orange/white and white/white. If they're smart, they'll go N/W/O/N on the road. 

And then of course, what I don't like.

--5280 should just be gone. No one likes it. It's shoehorned and awkward. And collegiate. 

--That helmet stripe. Sigh. Just keep the same stripes. 

--The all-orange. It looked fine with the color rush. Not so much with this set. 

--You could get rid of all of the triangles and no one will notice. Ridiculous. 

Overall, this is kind of a lateral move -- not that conceptually different from the last set. A sharp logo on a fine helmet with some wonky design choices. I think they might look better on the field where you can't see the 5280s and triangles and weird shapes. Let's hope. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 2

1 minute ago, JustABallCoach said:

I really like everything I've seen from the Texans so far. Hope they do well with the pants and red helmet. I'm thinking these will be much more popular seen on players/in-game.

Positivity? On this board? Right NOW? 

KILL IT! KILL IT WITH FIRE!

• LOL 5