2024 NFL Changes

3 hours ago, nuordr said:

spacer.png

This is just like how they stated the Seattle Seahawks throwbacks were the 1990's look and now they call this their 1977 uniforms when they have worn that look from 1968-1996. Gee whiz already. These "scholars" have never done historical research!

• LOL 1

5 minutes ago, Gr3g3 said:

Not that we needed it to leak to know what it would look like, but my god it’s just so beautiful to look at.

CTESPN is really the leading source now.

spacer.png

• Like 5
  • LOL 9
  • Meh 2

10 minutes ago, Silver_Star said:

This is just like how they stated the Seattle Seahawks throwbacks were the 1990's look and now they call this their 1977 uniforms when they have worn that look from 1968-1996. Gee whiz already. These "scholars" have never done historical research!

I could have sworn 1977 happened between 1968 and 1996.

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1

For me, as long as these didn’t turn out to be a complete disaster I was probably going to see them as an update.  I’ve been so tired of seeing the last uniform and I can’t pretend I’m not happy just to see it gone. 

I’d say the jerseys and pants are at least minor upgrades.  The triangle nonsense is stupid, the white helmet is pointless, the sock combinations are terrible, and the helmet stripe is laughably ridiculous.  But the number font is an improvement and I think I kinda like the sleeves.  

The Lions did better, the Jets did much better, and I’m guessing the Texans will crap the bed.  

• Like 11

12 minutes ago, Silver_Star said:

No, actually the pants stripe, socks, and sleeve stripe spacing mark these as an earlier version than the 80s/90s uniforms.  

• Like 4

I... really don't mind these new Broncos uniforms??

Definitely an upgrade from the previous set that had overstayed its welcome. They should've just gone with a modernized version of their throwback, but overall this set isn't bad. A few minor tweaks and this set is pretty darn good

• Like 4

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

1 minute ago, oldschoolvikings said:

No, actually the pants stripe, socks, and sleeve stripe spacing mark these as an earlier version than the 80s/90s uniforms.  

I looked on GUD and you are correct. So yes, 1977. I guess with the Seahawks 1983-2001 throwbacks, they are aiming at the 1992 versions.

@ruttep I do not think the Broncos jerseys and helmet is bad. The problem is the stripe in the back of the helmet and then the pants stripes need to lose the 5280 stuff. But nothing to bad. I am just worried about the Texans look.

The Broncos actually have a pretty good thing going here. Modern but not over the top. Most of the dumb elements like the random triangles are too small to make a difference in the overall look.

What I don’t like is between the triangles and the shoulder stripes there is a lot of anti-counterfeiting elements in place. Which would be fine if Fanatics didn’t make cheap crap but charge full price, meaning you really have to pay top dollar for a good jersey AND the replicas are such crap they aren’t even worth it anymore. I wonder if they’ll just start dropping/half-assing even more elements on the replicas. 

• Like 5
  • Dislike 1

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

7 minutes ago, Silver_Star said:

I looked on GUD and you are correct. So yes, 1977. I guess with the Seahawks 1983-2001 throwbacks, they are aiming at the 1992 versions.

@ruttep I do not think the Broncos jerseys and helmet is bad. The problem is the stripe in the back of the helmet and then the pants stripes need to lose the 5280 stuff. But nothing to bad. I am just worried about the Texans look.

And the socks. Which all match the pants color. Eww.

But my main problem is that they decided to keep the same colors. I cannot understate how much more I'd like these jerseys if they were in the royal blue and deeper orange of the throwbacks. That navy and flat shade of orange just don't do it for me.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, CreamSoda said:

how did Denver see this:

and decide to go with this instead?!

just an all time head scratcher.  Such a miss on so many levels. 

Not every team needs to look exactly the same as they did 50 years ago at all times. Especially for a team like the Broncos whose greatest success has come in modern uniforms.

• Like 16
  • Applause 1
  • Dislike 1
  • Eyeroll 1

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

28 minutes ago, ruttep said:

And the socks. Which all match the pants color. Eww.

But my main problem is that they decided to keep the same colors. I cannot understate how much more I'd like these jerseys if they were in the royal blue and deeper orange of the throwbacks. That navy and flat shade of orange just don't do it for me.

That is my biggest problem. They should have went away from navy blue and go with the academy blue look. But I guess they never wanted to make it a default which bothers me. The sock combo, we need orange and blue. The white leggings did make the presentation looks pretty bad.

• Like 1