2024 NFL Changes

6 minutes ago, VDizzle12 said:

The colors are superior and would distance themselves from the Bears. But the throwbacks aren't anything special either. 

Striping inconsistency drives me nuts and with this set there are 4 different variations. 

Cleaned up version with consistencies corrected and modern logo would be very nice.

1 minute ago, Froob said:

I think they should be.  I like when the numbers are the same color as the primary jersey.

That’s the safe option, and it usually looks fine. It’s not the only choice, though, and there have been lots of good looks (current Giants, 1997-2002 Falcons, Orange Crush Broncos) that used the secondary color for the number on the white jersey. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

That’s the safe option, and it usually looks fine. It’s not the only choice, though, and there have been lots of good looks (current Giants, 1997-2002 Falcons, Orange Crush Broncos) that used the secondary color for the number on the white jersey. 

Texans was better with red as well. 

• Like 6
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, infrared41 said:

True, but the Eagles aren't wearing white helmets, brown jerseys with sublimated feather textures, and yellow shoes and socks because it represents the quality craftsmanship and hardworking, high flying example of the American eagle. That's the difference.

Reminds me of Oregon’s duck uniform 

spacer.png

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • LOL 2

I think we missed a team that's eligible for new uniforms next year: the Colts. They changed their number font and added black in 2020. I wasn't a fan of the Color Rush uniforms from last year, but maybe they can figure out a better way to add a third color. Or at least they could develop a non-blue jersey. Having three royal blue jerseys doesn't make sense to me.

4 hours ago, JM11_Design said:

spacer.png

From release video on Youtube. Darker blue, lighter red. 

Now the real question, what is the PMS for H Town Blue, and is it the same as Titans Luv Ya Blue?

• Like 1

I suppose I should have anticipated this day coming. Recognized that interests wax and wane and - sometimes, for one reason or another - completely peter out. It would appear that my passion for all things sports branding-related has reached that point.

The sheer, unadulterated excess of primary marks, secondary marks, tertiary marks and wordmarks... home uniforms, road uniforms, alternate uniforms, and throwback uniforms... City Connect this, Color Rush that, City Edition the other thing, and Reverse Retro who the f*** gives a s***... they've cumulatively overwhelmed me.

The cycle between the introduction of any new logo, uniform, or other brand identity component by a team and the roll-out of its next new design element seems to have sped up. For example, the Detroit Lions last introduced new uniforms less than a decade ago...  seven years to be specific. It would seem that "timeless" design has given away to "you're on the clock". Combine that with the fact that the introduction of new creative elements by clubs across all leagues is taking place at the same heightened pace and the reveal  of such elements have been stripped of their individual "WOW" factor. The result is that these so-called "events" on the part of teams and leagues have become commonplace to the point of meaninglessness. It has gotten to where I picture the team owner, coach, and players who are involved in these unveilings walking off stage only to be immediately ushered into meeting rooms where brainstorming sessions and focus groups with graphic designers, uniform manufacturers, marketing executives, and fans get underway in order to facilitate the rollout of the inevitable next team brand-related unveiling.

Finally, it doesn't help that the branding elements that are produced by these design initiatives seem increasingly underwhelming. How could they not be?  Creativity is the slave of commodification. Restraint is a rarity, excess the rule of the day. Artistry with the potential to surprise, delight, and inspire has been replaced by dreck.

To much of a good thing can be - indeed, often is - a bad thing.

• Like 9
  • Love 1
  • Applause 2

4 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

Somehow, the AFC South got bluer

Yeah, this is kinda how I feel.  The Texans new look isn't bad, but I always thought they should embrace the red as a primary uniform to contrast the in-state NFL team Cowboys navy blue primary.

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, rfraser85 said:

I think we missed a team that's eligible for new uniforms next year: the Colts. They changed their number font and added black in 2020. I wasn't a fan of the Color Rush uniforms from last year, but maybe they can figure out a better way to add a third color. Or at least they could develop a non-blue jersey. Having three royal blue jerseys doesn't make sense to me.

The Colts should definitely be at the bottom of the list of teams that need to change. I personally think their alternate uniform isn’t bad, but it should definitely not be pair with the black helmet.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, TBGKon said:

Yeah, this is kinda how I feel.  The Texans new look isn't bad, but I always thought they should embrace the red as a primary uniform to contrast the in-state NFL team Cowboys navy blue primary.

I saw this about an interview Cal did this morning, "For those wishing a different uniform was home or away, the league basically told them which ones they had to use for home/away."
Seems like most Houstonians prefer the red as well, but I guess it wasn't possible?

• Dislike 1