2024 NFL Changes

2 hours ago, rfraser85 said:

Any idea what's on the socks? Considering that portion of the socks will be inside the cleats, I don't know why anything would be on them.

5274, because they're 6' lower than the helmets.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 5

11 hours ago, Krudler said:

Monochrome sets must die

I had no problem with the navy blue set with the white helmet (copying off of Bosie State, but with navy blue) as long as the orange socks and leggings go with it.

The orange set with navy blue helmet, I have a huge problem with. The orange pants bothers me when it is paired with another orange item which is the jersey. If the helmet was orange, I wouldn't of had a problem with that. I guess Denver did not want to revive the 1962-1965  orange helmets.

15 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

GMmwaKAX0AA6Eqt?format=jpg&name=large

I'm sure it was discussed a while ago...but I can't wait for those throwback jerseys to show up in the retail stores.  I really like that they went with the 1977-85 stripes in the jersey and pants (as a changeup from the more-known 90s b/w/b stripes). These are my favorite throwback unis in the league right now.  And the fact the new unis aren't great makes the throwbacks look even better. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Ugh every time I see the Broncos new set I get annoyed.  It’s such a bad design for them.  Just give a classic look and be done with it.  

Bronco games are gonna be visually jarring this season. 

• Like 2
  • Yawn 1

14 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

What’s this? I know it’s the new Broncos set, but is there a significance to the specific combos?

it was an official post from the team saying these are their looks.  Some took it to mean they won’t be mix and matching combos.  

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, CreamSoda said:

it was an official post from the team saying these are their looks.  Some took it to mean they won’t be mix and matching combos.  

I take it as it being their “main” looks. Which is actually decent considering the socks for the orange & blue sets won’t be the same color as the pants & jerseys.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

I take it as it being their “main” looks. Which is actually decent considering the socks for the orange & blue sets won’t be the same color as the pants & jerseys.

Yeah, I’m totally fine with mono-orange with navy socks. Not as good as if the pants were white, but at least it isn’t the yoga pants look. 

1 hour ago, udubfan19 said:

😎😎🥶🥶🥶🔥🔥🔥🔥how denver should have honored those colors:

W1pqk62.png

I appreciate that you also changed their record for that year from 5-11 to 1-15. It feels more appropriate for incontinence-themed threads. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

Teams should reconsider all the mix and match they're doing anymore. If any team debuts a new set of uniforms next year, I wish one of them would consider only having one or two sets or pants. Making the jerseys interchangeable would be a lot easier if there were fewer other options for the other parts of the uniform. I don't mind teams having multiple pants options, but trying to make the full uniform mix and match seems like overkill and leads to some bad design ideas.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, rfraser85 said:

Teams should reconsider all the mix and match they're doing anymore. If any team debuts a new set of uniforms next year, I wish one of them would consider only having one or two sets or pants. Making the jerseys interchangeable would be a lot easier if there were fewer other options for the other parts of the uniform. I don't mind teams having multiple pants options, but trying to make the full uniform mix and match seems like overkill and leads to some bad design ideas.

Don't tell the frickin' AZ Cardinals they can't Mix and Match!  

To them, uniform=unichrome.

All-Red, All-White, All-Black - All Junk looks.

• Like 5
  • Applause 2

30 minutes ago, AVGuy said:

Don't tell the frickin' AZ Cardinals they can't Mix and Match!  

To them, uniform=unichrome.

All-Red, All-White, All-Black - All Junk looks.

How I read that-

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

I've always felt that monochrome is fine if it's done right, and I'll go down with that ship.

I agree, however, that the mixing and matching has gotten out of control. I've always been a "Home, Road, and one Alt" kinda guy, with one "special" uni to be worn one night, whether as part of a special celebration or just for fun.

• Like 7
  • Yawn 1

oBIgzrL.png

I don’t mind the Packers white pants, but good grief they need to be worn with green socks.

(also a fan of the throwback green pants being rolled into the regular rotation, but that’s for another discussion)

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, maz said:

I've always felt that monochrome is fine if it's done right, and I'll go down with that ship.

I agree, however, that the mixing and matching has gotten out of control. I've always been a "Home, Road, and one Alt" kinda guy, with one "special" uni to be worn one night, whether as part of a special celebration or just for fun.

If done right, yes. My biggest issue with monochrome is that it's being overdone, especially by the Cardinals and Saints. Color Rush really opened Pandora's box on this.

So, what do you consider monochrome done right? To me, it includes the helmet. The Bills using their standard white helmets with all red below the neck looks seriously off. And the Bengals CR (the 2023 version) was greatly improved by the white helmets.

• Huh? 2

2 hours ago, rfraser85 said:

If done right, yes. My biggest issue with monochrome is that it's being overdone, especially by the Cardinals and Saints. Color Rush really opened Pandora's box on this.

So, what do you consider monochrome done right? To me, it includes the helmet. The Bills using their standard white helmets with all red below the neck looks seriously off. And the Bengals CR (the 2023 version) was greatly improved by the white helmets.

To me, “monochrome done right” has to have contrasting socks at a minimum. It helps if the socks are also the color of the helmet - for instance, I think orange helmet and socks, black jersey and pants is a sharp look for the Bengals. However, I also love the Panthers with silver helmet, black jersey and pants, and electric blue socks. 

The only one without contrasting socks that I find acceptable is Seattle’s, probably because it’s kind of the first. I’d still rather see it with grey pants, and I’d *really* rather see their throwback. 

• Like 2