2024 NFL Changes

5 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

Because they need it.

Literally the only thing I'd change on either of the Packers' or Steelers' uniforms would be a return to block numbers for the Steelers

• Like 7

33 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

Fair enough. What would you change and why?

In short?

For the Packers— maybe a different font (both wordmark and number), adding blue as an accent color, simplifying the sleeve stripe

I’m not a huge fan of the stencil wordmark and never will be. I wouldn’t drastically change the number font, but I’d at least modify it. I think that adding blue would be a nice touch to at least acknowledge the team’s past in a way that isn’t just throwback uniforms. As far as the sleeve stripes go, removing the green from the home sleeve stripe and the white from the away sleeve stripe.

• Huh? 2
  • Dislike 1
  • Facepalm 2

For the Packers, the only thing I'd change is to lose the TV number and run the stripes vertically from collar to cuff.    Same goes for almost any team that has a notable striping pattern but who's stripes are relegated to just a small portion of the sleeve cap.

The Packers font is perfect - especially the 5s, which is what we wore in high school.  While I feel that the Steelers look better with the Futura font, I don't think the Packers should change a thing in that regard.

Vertical sleeve stripes and striped socks (though that horse died a long time ago) is all I'd consider changing.

Adding blue as an accent color to the current unis is one of those suggestions that would make me alert the mods that a user is posting under the influence and should be drug tested immediately.  How would blue fit in with their identity as an accent?  

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Huh? 1
  • Yawn 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

13 minutes ago, BBTV said:

For the Packers, the only thing I'd change is to lose the TV number and run the stripes vertically from collar to cuff.    Same goes for almost any team that has a notable striping pattern but who's stripes are relegated to just a small portion of the sleeve cap.

The Packers font is perfect - especially the 5s, which is what we wore in high school.  While I feel that the Steelers look better with the Futura font, I don't think the Packers should change a thing in that regard.

Vertical sleeve stripes and striped socks (though that horse died a long time ago) is all I'd consider changing.

Adding blue as an accent color to the current unis is one of those suggestions that would make me alert the mods that a user is posting under the influence and should be drug tested immediately.  How would blue fit in with their identity as an accent?  

I originally was going to say the Packers could benefit from UCLA stripes.

As for blue— number outlines, adjust the striping to allow blue and green to coexist on the away jersey, develop a third blue jersey.

30 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

In short?

For the Packers— maybe a different font (both wordmark and number), adding blue as an accent color, simplifying the sleeve stripe

I’m not a huge fan of the stencil wordmark and never will be. I wouldn’t drastically change the number font, but I’d at least modify it. I think that adding blue would be a nice touch to at least acknowledge the team’s past in a way that isn’t just throwback uniforms. As far as the sleeve stripes go, removing the green from the home sleeve stripe and the white from the away sleeve stripe.

A classic franchise like the Packers will always look better with regular block numbers. I don't get this at all. Not sure there's enough contrast to add blue to a green jersey. Your sleeve stripes modification would be a lateral move at best.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Trying to imagine what vertical sleeve stripes would look like, and I'm not a fan, especially at the expense of TV numbers. But to each their own.

1 hour ago, ruttep said:

Literally the only thing I'd change on either of the Packers' or Steelers' uniforms would be a return to block numbers for the Steelers

The Steelers have some of the ugliest uniforms in the league but everyone ignores it because they have been that way for so long. The striping makes no sense. One thin stripe on the helmet, huge black stripe on the pants, giant oversized Northwestern? stripes on the sleeves, unnecessary chest logo and slanted skinny numbers. 

• Like 2
  • Huh? 1

4 minutes ago, ruttep said:

Trying to imagine what vertical sleeve stripes would look like, and I'm not a fan, especially at the expense of TV numbers. But to each their own.

If we’re talking striping in the same vain as Texas A&M (and to a lesser, crueler degree the Titans), I like that as well. But my caveat would be stopping the stripe at the sleeve, not allowing the stripe onto it. It would still allow the use of TV numbers.

8 minutes ago, ruttep said:

Like this, but with their full pattern.  Maintans the general aesthetic while giving their pattern more space to breath and not being awkwardly cut off.

manziel.jpg

They have somewhat of a historical precedent, kinda.

OOTHof7_JY42OdcjXOqW3lSKMzY5fg3M3L0DlBxh

• Like 2
  • Meh 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

16 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

I originally was going to say the Packers could benefit from UCLA stripes.

As for blue— number outlines, adjust the striping to allow blue and green to coexist on the away jersey, develop a third blue jersey.

Gonna need a urine sample.  I forget which of the XII has the lab kit to test it, but I'm sure that's easy to find out.  I see YzerFan has been back lately, so maybe he can do the test.

• LOL 1
  • Eyeroll 1

4 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

If we’re talking striping in the same vain as Texas A&M (and to a lesser, crueler degree the Titans), I like that as well. But my caveat would be stopping the stripe at the sleeve, not allowing the stripe onto it.

The vertical stripes could solve the TV number issue in a way. LSU has the TV numbers where NW stripes normally go, and they were very easy to see.

One other thought for solid color sleeves (without TV numbers). They might make more sense with solid color socks being used now because the base of each will match, even if the colors don't.

5 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Like this, but with their full pattern.  Maintans the general aesthetic while giving their pattern more space to breath and not being awkwardly cut off.

manziel.jpg

They have somewhat of a historical precedent, kinda.

OOTHof7_JY42OdcjXOqW3lSKMzY5fg3M3L0DlBxh

The vintage pic looks better to me than the Texas A&M pic (mostly because it looks like a classic hockey jersey shoulder yoke), but not sold on this idea. It'd take some getting used to for me.

1 hour ago, DCarp1231 said:

In short?

Now I'm sorry I asked.😎

53 minutes ago, BBTV said:

For the Packers, the only thing I'd change is to lose the TV number and run the stripes vertically from collar to cuff.   

Good lord, man. Those stripes would be awful.

17 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Gonna need a urine sample.  I forget which of the XII has the lab kit to test it, but I'm sure that's easy to find out.  I see YzerFan has been back lately, so maybe he can do the test.

No need for a test, it's already obvious that he's high on something. 😎

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Facepalm 1

BB52Big.jpg

1 hour ago, ruttep said:

Ohio State had something like that in the 1950's. Eventually it became the sleeve stripes under Woody Hayes.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

4 hours ago, infrared41 said:

Except it doesn't look like that on the modern template. The number and horn get squished in a way that's unappealing and with a more modern camera, the differences in the royal blue jersey and navy helmet look awful.  While the Rams didn't get everything right with the current uniform, I appreciate the attempt. Get rid of the name tag and replicate the white jersey as blue and they have a current interpretation of this that worksspacer.png

• Like 7

jOfO5Rh.pngaYLRFMy.png1FNdgQe.png

3 minutes ago, NOLAPelicans23 said:

Except it doesn't look like that on the modern template. The number and horn get squished in a way that's unappealing and with a more modern camera, the differences in the royal blue jersey and navy helmet look awful.  While the Rams didn't get everything right with the current uniform, I appreciate the attempt. Get rid of the name tag and replicate the white jersey as blue and they have a current interpretation of this that worksspacer.png

There are easy fixes for both those issues: Remove the TV numbers and make the helmet royal blue. Would be absolutely perfect and take little effort.

• Like 5

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns