2024 NFL Changes

28 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

I’m actually okay with the use of bone pants, but only if they lose the stripes and only gets worn with the blue jersey (which won’t happen and we know it). 

You like the bone pants, but you'd like to see them without stripes . . . ?

spacer.png

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ruttep said:

You like the bone pants, but you'd like to see them without stripes . . . ?

spacer.png

spacer.png

The yellow and white stripe on them are pointless and nearly unnoticeable. Plain bone pants or even using a singular wide blue stripe would improve the look.

spacer.png

When the Rams use the above combination, it reminds me of being a throwback like these-

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 7
  • Huh? 1
  • Yawn 1
  • Dislike 2

6 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

All due respect, but that's a lazy-ass argument. Where is it written that a brand/look has to "advance?" You're basically just saying "I want things my way." And that's fine, we all do it, but stop presenting it like it's the law of uniform design. It's your opinion. No more, no less. Just like everyone else here.

Who determines what's "decent" and what's good? You?

If the goal for every team is to develop the Forever Look that makes you known instantly, you tweak and change it until it's achieved. The throwback did when it came out, but the modern version falls victim to template issues.  Some teams got it on attempt 1 (Raiders, Packers, Chiefs). The Blue Jays and Padres got theirs by modernizing an old look. The 49ers and Bills did similar.  It's even ok to go backward and admit, we had it and messed up a rebrand like we saw with the Bucs. I never stated it as a law or as gospel. I can state that a throwback is decent and uses pictures for why. I have my design principles like everyone on this board has their own and it's what the forum is for.  To discuss them and say I like A, I don't like B.  I don't like the "Just promote the throwback" argument because there are issues with some teams translating it to today or a lack of uniformity in stripes, etc.  That was all I said. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

jOfO5Rh.pngaYLRFMy.png1FNdgQe.png

6 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

spacer.png

The yellow and white stripe on them are pointless and nearly unnoticeable. Plain bone pants or even using a singular wide blue stripe would improve the look.

spacer.png

When the Rams use the above combination, it reminds me of being a throwback like these-

spacer.png

spacer.png

Ok, that makes more sense. I can see what you mean by the yellow and white stripe being pointless (white-on-bone especially so), but I would absolutely want that blue stripe on the bone pants. I just can't stand stripeless pants.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, NOLAPelicans23 said:

It's even ok to go backward and admit, we had it and messed up a rebrand like we saw with the Bucs

See, that's what a lot of people believe when it cones to the Rams. I agree that under the current template, there are some flaws, but for the most part, I agree with them.

20 hours ago, Silver_Star said:

The highlighter yellow pants again. Errrr. It looks somewhat golden now, but geez. Also, their 1973-1999 classic uniforms were better. I wish they modernized those instead of going into a gradient direction.

I could live with the banana yellow for the Rams. Just fix the helmet horn and get rid of the gradient numbers and they're a fine modern update. Oh and burn everything 'bone'

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, NOLAPelicans23 said:

f the goal for every team is to develop the Forever Look that makes you known instantly, you tweak and change it until it's achieved.

That's 100% not every team's goal.  I firmly believe that many teams - mostly the ones that don't get much attention - just want to capitalize on trends and change every few years to keep the merch train going.  

• Like 7
  • Applause 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Can Guardian Caps be painted or have decals applied to match the team's normal helmet?

I was reading the FAQs on their site and they're currently only making them in 7 colors, and there was nothing about whether they can be painted or have decals applied (though that would be tough, given the shape.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

13 minutes ago, jc... said:

Mark Kelso would appreciate this. 

buffalo-bills.jpg?s=1024x1024&w=gi&k=20&

I have to say it's been weird to see UFL players practice with them, but not having them in the same colors as the team, but I'd expect that won't be an issue for NFL players that want to wear them in games.

dc-defenders-training-camp-800.jpg?fit=8

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

4 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Mark Kelso would appreciate this. 

I have to say it's been weird to see UFL players practice with them, but not having them in the same colors as the team, but I'd expect that won't be an issue for NFL players that want to wear them in games.

dc-defenders-training-camp-800.jpg?fit=8

That's not the Guardian Cap.

This is:
agcGIw7.png

• Like 1

It's where I sit.

I don't know if it's been pointed out yet, but the draft used those team logo illustrations again across the facilities (background, tunnel, etc.). I can't find all the artwork, but I thought it was cool.

1 hour ago, DCarp1231 said:

I see your GB-CHI and raise you LV-KC

spacer.png

It's certainly close. I like the GB/CHI in Lambeau matchup because of autumnal blend of yellow, orange, and green with cool navy blue. Raiders and Chiefs is terrific in no spall part because the white elements are similarly minimized. Maybe third on my list behind this one because the Chargers have the softer powder blue:

USATSI_21712588.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

If we could get this consistently it might challenge for the top spot.

Chargers-vs-Raiders.jpg?resize=1000,600&

• Like 8

Speaking of Chargers, I wouldn’t be surprised if they tweak their navy blue alt jersey and pants to have the lightning bolts filled in with white so they can wear these helmets-

spacer.png

Along with a royal blue helmet for the other alt