Beckham to sign with Galaxy

roxfan00

I might have missed this in an earlier thread, but an AP feature on the wires now says the Galaxy is not only working on a big shirt sponor deal but they're also expected to unveil a new logo.

Apologies if I've overlooked this elsewhere.

Yep and they're already negotiating tv rights right many asian broadcasting companies for television rights for the upcomming season.

1zqy8ok.gif

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
... an AP feature on the wires now says the Galaxy is not only working on a big shirt sponor deal but they're also expected to unveil a new logo.

I expect that they'll maintain the Los Angeles Galaxy name, but create a new primary logo that more closely resembles the traditional badges of top international club sides.

• 1 month later...

That whooshing sound you're hearing is the sound of a quarter billion dollars flying away. :blink:

Even if the injury isn't that serious and doesn't end his career, if I were the MLS, I'd be very weary about any injury suffered by this large an investment.

http://goal.com/en/articolo.aspx?contenutoid=248460

Reyes Crocked, Suspected Knee Ligament Damage For Beckham

David Beckham and Jose Antonio Reyes, who were both injured during the 1-1 draw with Getafe at the Bernabeu, have been ruled out of Wednesday's Champions League clash against Bayern Munich.

Both knee injuries are said to be serious, Reyes' more so, and the two are also expected to miss next weekend's 'El Clasico'.

Reyes fell awkwardly in the 32nd minute and damaged his left knee, and had to be stretchered off the pitch in obvious pain. It has not been revealed what exactly the injury is, but it believed to be a long term one.

David Beckham, meanwhile seemed to have twisted his right knee in the 69th minute, while attempting an on-the-run cross, and hobbled of the pitch clutching it.

The news from the Madrid camp is that he has damaged a knee ligament.

The silver lining, of course, is that it is not the dreaded cruciate ligament, rather the medial one, which involves a recovery period of around six weeks.

Of course, the diagnosis will only be confirmed by scans carried out tomorrow, but Fabio Capello has declared that neither he, nor Reyes, will be traveling to Munich.

"They are ruled out of the Bayern game, for sure," said Capello. "One of the injuries is serious [referring to Reyes], the other we will have to see [with respect to Beckham].

"We will have to wait and see what the scans say tomorrow."

Van Nistelrooy and Higuain also picked up knocks during the game.

If the scans do confirm the initial diagnosis, it will be a huge blow for the former England skipper, who had inched his way back to earning an international recall as well.

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

Archived