Eureka!

sacker12

For the last month or so, I have been looking for the Nike Alabama Houndstooth cap that was worn during the Ole Miss game by the players. However, I had not been able to find one in the stores in my area. I was figuring that it was a statewide exclusive, I thought that if I wasn't able to get it in stores, then I wouldn't be able to get it anywhere.

1_250.jpg

However, Hat Shack was able to get Zephyr to make a similar hat as an in-store exclusive. I think that this hat may have a bit of a leg-up over the Nike hat because it is of the same woolen fabric used in the Bear's houndstooth hat. Nike's hat is made of houndstooth pattern cotton.

PAAAAAMHOFHONBDJ.jpg

So, I ordered the Zephyr hat from Hat Shack over the phone. I decided to do this because the person at the store in Montgomery said that she didn't know when they would get the new shipment in. They were having most hats 20% off on the website. I was going to try to get a red Lake Elsinore Store 5950 or a Troy Zephyr hat in my size, but both were out of stock at the time. So, to ensure that I did order from them, she offered to apply the discount to the hat. The price after the discount, tax, and shipping would up being as much as I would have paid in store. But, I knew that ordering it over the phone would give me the best chance of getting the hat before it sold out again, which I had not been able to do previously.

I'm glad that I was able to finally get this one. However, I didn't find out until just shortly after I ordered the Zephyr hat that the Nike hat was available on Lids website. Oh well. I kind of like the Zephyr version more since I don't really associate Nike hats with quality.

Actually, I'm probably one of the few Bama fans that actually know that the Bear is still dead. :P

Besides, the only reason I got the hat is because I thought that it was cool. I'm nowhere near as big of an Alabama fan as I used to be. But, I'm a huge admirer of the Bear.

On a side note, about a week before Saban was hired, there was this billboard I saw that said "BAMA NEEDS BEAR". I wouldn't have minded if someone put this as a rebuttal on a billboard: "GET A LIFE!"

Haha, oh you Vols and All-Barn fans kill me.

Considering both of you have combined for 6.5 national championships during your history ya'll have very little room to insult the Crimson Tide.

That being said, I too am one of the few fans who realizes the Bear is gone, and I, unlike many Bama fans realize that coach Saban still may not win a national title for the Tide. However, noone can argue that the Alabama program is not one of the top historic programs in the country.

And of course, those hats do look incredibly cool.

screenshot-2017-09-15-18-37-19.png

• LMU locked this topic

Archived