Michael Vick/Ron Mexico

leopard88

Oh, well looky here, looky here...seems as though Mikey DIDN'T have weed. Looks like the High-N-Mighty Moral Crusade? jumped the gun...again.

Sources: Vick didn't have marijuana, won't face charges.

So, are you guys going to retract all the :censored: y'all said? Are you going to make as big of a deal about his exoneration as you did about his alleged offense?

I'll be waiting.

EDIT: Link fixed

Exonerated? Not till it's disclosed what WAS in the secret-agent hidden compartment bottle, 'cause it sure wasn't cornflakes. This smells like a coverup.

And BTW, after 6 years of a front-row seat for Vick's career (sadly, I live near Atlanta), he will never take a team to the Super Bowl. No leadership skills, makes dumb mistakes (fumbles, etc. and that's just the ON the field stuff), and like many of the Falcons, is a "me-first" player. Look at cheap-shot artist DeAngelo Hall, who is a legend in his own mind even as he gets smoked regularly for long gains/TDs. He horse-collared Devery Henderson of the Saints 8 yards deep in the end zone. Guess it made D-Hall feel better, which of course is far more important than your team getting hit with a 15-yard penalty. :rolleyes:

Edited to add this tidbit from si.com's "Truth and Rumors" --

The Raiders are preparing to make a run at Michael Vick, according to NFL sources. The Raiders package would include receivers Randy Moss and Jerry Porter plus the No.1 overall pick in the 2007 draft for Vick and the Falcons first round pick (10th overall).

-- foxsports.com

You mean they'd finally be getting Michael Vick some WR's in the deal that ships him off elsewhere? Interesting.

But with the #1 pick they could get Quinn or Russell and they would be in a good situation with a few good WR's and a few good RB's. I doubt the Raiders are stupid enough to make this deal but with them you never know.

They're stupid enough to not find a way to get Al Davis to release the stranglehold he has on that organization. So yeah, point is, I wouldn't put anything over the Raiders, including making this offer to the Falcons for real, as long as Al Davis is in charge.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those clamoring to cut Vick...

By D. ORLANDO LEDBETTER

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Published on: 01/19/07

If the Falcons decided to cut or trade Michael Vick, they would take prohibitive hits on the salary cap through 2013.

Vick signed a 10-year, $130-million contract on Dec. 23, 2004. The contract calls for $78 million in base salaries, with the rest being paid out in a signing bonus and various roster and guarantee bonuses.

Here's a look at Vick's base salaries before the new contract and going forward, according to the National Football Players Association.

Vick's base salaries

2001 ?- $2,000,000.00

2002 ?- $900,000.00

2003 ?- $3,400,000.00

10-year, $130 million deal signed

2004 ?- $5,000,000

2005 ?- $600,000

2006 ?- $1,400,000

2007 ?- $6,000,000

2008 ?- $7,500,000

2009 ?- $9,000,000

2010 ?? $10,500,000

2011 ?? $12,000,000

2012 ?? $12,500,000

2013 ?- $13,500,000

Getting rid of Vick = Falcons in cap hell until 2 years after I get out of college.

Not quite. Vick's 10 year deal includes only about $37 million in guaranteed bonuses, which would definitely put the Falcons in a hole if they cut him. But not until 2013. If my knowledge of NFL contracts is correct, if the Falcons cut him today, they would be responsible for 60% of the $37 million (about $22 million) hit on next year's salary cap. It's a lot, true, but his $6 mil base salary would also come off the books, and then they would be done with his contract.

A more realistic scenario (if the Falcons would like to cut him) would be to wait until after June 1, then cut him. This would result in a net cap savings of $2.3 million in 2007, and a cap hit of $18.5 million in 2008. Again, they would then be done with him. There is no conceivable scenario that would result in the Falcons being penalized until 2013, since base salaries are not guaranteed.

However, if the SI rumors are anywhere close to true, they won't cut him when they could get substantial trade value for him (from Al Davis?).

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

AJC - We'd like to see that tape of airport suveillance, showing Michael Vick throw the water bottle away.

Airport/Police - You can't. It's part of an ongoing investigation.

[time passes]

AJC - Can we see it now, since the investigation is closed?

Airport/Police - Ummm, no. It's been erased.

It's where I sit.

There's still one copy out there.

The video was provided to the police by the Tranportation Security Administration, which still has a copy of the video but has refused to release it, citing national security concerns

And people have been saying that the reason why Vick got out is because it's a conspiracy with the Atlanta Falcons and the NFL trying to pay off the Miami PD...Yeah, like the most pressing matter that the Miami Police Dept. has is a misdamenor concerining an empty bottle that may have contained weed but turned out to not have weed. Yup, it's a conspiracy!!!

:rolleyes:

Just because there wasn't enough to test doesn't mean that bottle held nothing illegal. Nobody with the Falcons wants to answer the 2 questions that would end this once and for all: what was in the bottle, and why does Mikey need a device designed to conceal something?

As a local newspaper columnist said, it's not enough for a guy in Vick's position to be technically innocent. When you represent an organization as he does, especially one that is paying you a LOT of money, you need to remain above suspicion in all of your affairs.

The Vick apologists just amaze me. The guy could commit murder on tape and there'd be people defending him and saying it was just the media out to get him. :rolleyes:

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Just because there wasn't enough to test doesn't mean that bottle held nothing illegal. Nobody with the Falcons wants to answer the 2 questions that would end this once and for all: what was in the bottle, and why does Mikey need a device designed to conceal something?

As a local newspaper columnist said, it's not enough for a guy in Vick's position to be technically innocent. When you represent an organization as he does, especially one that is paying you a LOT of money, you need to remain above suspicion in all of your affairs.

The Vick apologists just amaze me. The guy could commit murder on tape and there'd be people defending him and saying it was just the media out to get him. :rolleyes:

I don't even need to make a joke, this is funny all by itself.

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

The guy could commit murder on tape and there'd be people defending him and saying it was just the media out to get him. :rolleyes:

What's this about people getting caught doing stuff on tape? coughreggiebushcough

The guy could commit murder on tape and there'd be people defending him and saying it was just the media out to get him. :rolleyes:

What's this about people getting caught doing stuff on tape? coughreggiebushcough

You may be right...but there is a difference between "against the rules" and "illegal." I'll be as disappointed as anybody if the Bush thing proves to be true, just as I was VERY disappointed in his taunting in the NFC Championship game. That was a boneheaded move on several levels.

I'll call it like I see it, objectively, whether it's good or bad for my team.

Not that it has to do with anything, but Bush is a lot better RB than Vick is a QB.

Not that it has to do with anything, but Bush is a lot better RB than Vick is a QB.

Umm, your second sentence kinda calls the first one into question a bit doesn't it? Dude, seriously, come the hell on! I know you're a Saints fan and all. But you do have eyes right? I mean you do actually watch football games don't you? Even the most rabid, loyal, blind, head-up-his-ass Saints fan can't actually believe that, can they? Can they?

Whatever that :censored: is that you're smoking, please send me some. If I could just find a way to mass produce it, I'd be richer than Bill Gates.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Umm, your second sentence kinda calls the first one into question a bit doesn't it? Dude, seriously, come the hell on! I know you're a Saints fan and all. But you do have eyes right? I mean you do actually watch football games don't you? Even the most rabid, loyal, blind, head-up-his-ass Saints fan can't actually believe that, can they? Can they?

Whatever that :censored: is that you're smoking, please send me some. If I could just find a way to mass produce it, I'd be richer than Bill Gates.

Whatever. I'd take Bush over Vick in a heartbeat. Vick is a great athlete, but he's not a very good quarterback, and his off the field issues go on and on and on.

Archived