Michael Vick/Ron Mexico

leopard88

Where do people get the idea he is stupid?

1. He used a fake name at a hotel. - So would I if i was worth a bazillion dollars. SO do every athlete, musician and actor.

2. He shot a bird at the crowd after a loss. - bad thing to do sure, but who can say they've never made a questionable decision while being bereated after performing poorly? No one.

3. He had a water bottle with marijuana-scented residue. - Having pot or pot resedue doen't make you a person of limited inteligence, just someone in possesion of an illegal substance.

Does someone have some examples of why Vick is stupid?

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's not stupid. Just dumb as hell for trying to take a liquid on a plane post-9-11. You'd think he'd know that since as a pro football player they're flying all over the place. I'll still support him since he is the face of the franchise, but that was a stupid decision.

1. He used a fake name at a hotel. - So would I if i was worth a bazillion dollars. SO do every athlete, musician and actor.

2. He shot a bird at the crowd after a loss. - bad thing to do sure, but who can say they've never made a questionable decision while being bereated after performing poorly? No one.

3. He had a water bottle with marijuana-scented residue. - Having pot or pot resedue doen't make you a person of limited inteligence, just someone in possesion of an illegal substance.

Didn't you hear? It's cool to pick on the Falcons! (just like the Braves, Hawks, and Thrashers)

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

Aw, you're being PICKED ON! Mooooooom!

I don't think anyone's picking on the Atlanta Falcons organization, they're just saying "if you try to bring pot on a plane, you're a moron," which is hard to refute. Everyone gave Damon Stoudamire a hard time when he tried to sneak pot wrapped in foil through a metal detector (?!?), but I don't think anyone said "stop picking on the Trail Blazers!!"

Attempting to bring a water bottle on a plane...stupid

Attempting to bring a water bottle on a plane with a secret compartment...stupid

Attempting to bring a water bottle on a plane with a secret compartment with Marijuana residue inside...stupid

Refusing to throw away the water bottle when told to...stupid

PopHeading-1.gif

Yes the first one isn't stupid, it's a stupid and funny name to pick but having an alias isn't stupid.

As for the bird that was stupid. Other players have flipped the bird before he knows what the consequences are. Also flipping the fans the bird doesn't get them off your back it only makes it worse. If he doesn't want to get booed maybe he should play better.

As for the bottle it was absolutely stupid, see Squeaks post.

As for the bird that was stupid. Other players have flipped the bird before he knows what the consequences are. Also flipping the fans the bird doesn't get them off your back it only makes it worse. If he doesn't want to get booed maybe he should play better.

The game he flipped the bird in was one of the gutsiest performances he had all year. And yet our "fans" booed him. The "fans" got what they deserved The real fans saw it as the fickle "Vick fans" instead of the Atlanta Falcons fans.

But once again, can't defend him trying to take a water bottle with some sort of residue on the plane. That was just ridiculous of him to do that, and then resisting.

All three are pretty stupid. Not to mention being linked with giving some broad herpes. "Ron Mexico", indeed.

Besides, you don't exactly have to be a Rhodes Scholar to QB at Virginia Tech.

They took the billboards down in the city. He's still a spokesperson, though. I think they're probably gonna start putting up Warrick Dunn billboards up since he's also a Falcon/Airtran spokesperson.

That's good. You never see Warrick Dunn in "stupid" situations. Dunn's a model citizen and deserves every accolade he gets. Vick is not and he does not.

The game he flipped the bird in was one of the gutsiest performances he had all year. And yet our "fans" booed him. The "fans" got what they deserved The real fans saw it as the fickle "Vick fans" instead of the Atlanta Falcons fans.

But once again, can't defend him trying to take a water bottle with some sort of residue on the plane. That was just ridiculous of him to do that, and then resisting.

Yeah, that was a "gutsy" 31-13 loss. I know, I know, the receivers dropped a lot of passes, so I can't really disagree. Vick played pretty well.

But...the guy's been in the league 6 years and still can't run an NFL offense. That says something.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Oh, well looky here, looky here...seems as though Mikey DIDN'T have weed. Looks like the High-N-Mighty Moral Crusade? jumped the gun...again.

Sources: Vick didn't have marijuana, won't face charges.

So, are you guys going to retract all the :censored: y'all said? Are you going to make as big of a deal about his exoneration as you did about his alleged offense?

I'll be waiting.

EDIT: Link fixed

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Oh, well looky here, looky here...seems as though Mikey DIDN'T have weed. Looks like the High-N-Mighty Moral Crusade™ jumped the gun...again.

So, are you guys going to retract all the :censored: y'all said? Are you going to make as big of a deal about his exoneration as you did about his alleged offense?

I'll be waiting.

(FYI) You messed up your link.

To be honest? He is still an idiot. You don't take a water bottle onto a plane and you definitely don't say no to throwing it away at first. So really, only one of my reasons I gave as to why he is an idiot MIGHT be false. (I would like to hear from the airport itself rather than ESPN's sources).

Also, why have a water bottle with a secret compartment to begin with? Does he just prefer drinking out of fake bottles?

PopHeading-1.gif

OK, yes, the three examples I mentioned were bad choices, stupid decisions, the wrong thing to do...

But all humans everywhere have expressed poor judgement at one time or another.

They don't mean a person themselves is stupid...

WHich is what I was hearing people say: "He wass tupid to not throw the marijuana bottle away, so thereby, he can't succeed as an NFL QB"

THAT is the statement I'd like to see supported. I think Vick is a football-smart person. I think he's done some dumb sheet, but I think he will elarn Petrino's offense, and lead the league in QB rushing again.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Oh, well looky here, looky here...seems as though Mikey DIDN'T have weed. Looks like the High-N-Mighty Moral Crusade? jumped the gun...again.

I'll be waiting.

What, my wisecrack about Miami?

No way, mang...

I'll be waiting.

Exonerated? Not till it's disclosed what WAS in the secret-agent hidden compartment bottle, 'cause it sure wasn't cornflakes. This smells like a coverup.

And BTW, after 6 years of a front-row seat for Vick's career (sadly, I live near Atlanta), he will never take a team to the Super Bowl. No leadership skills, makes dumb mistakes (fumbles, etc. and that's just the ON the field stuff), and like many of the Falcons, is a "me-first" player. Look at cheap-shot artist DeAngelo Hall, who is a legend in his own mind even as he gets smoked regularly for long gains/TDs. He horse-collared Devery Henderson of the Saints 8 yards deep in the end zone. Guess it made D-Hall feel better, which of course is far more important than your team getting hit with a 15-yard penalty. :rolleyes:

Edited to add this tidbit from si.com's "Truth and Rumors" --

The Raiders are preparing to make a run at Michael Vick, according to NFL sources. The Raiders package would include receivers Randy Moss and Jerry Porter plus the No.1 overall pick in the 2007 draft for Vick and the Falcons first round pick (10th overall).

-- foxsports.com

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

I'll be waiting.

Exonerated? Not till it's disclosed what WAS in the secret-agent hidden compartment bottle, 'cause it sure wasn't cornflakes. This smells like a coverup.

And BTW, after 6 years of a front-row seat for Vick's career (sadly, I live near Atlanta), he will never take a team to the Super Bowl. No leadership skills, makes dumb mistakes (fumbles, etc. and that's just the ON the field stuff), and like many of the Falcons, is a "me-first" player. Look at cheap-shot artist DeAngelo Hall, who is a legend in his own mind even as he gets smoked regularly for long gains/TDs. He horse-collared Devery Henderson of the Saints 8 yards deep in the end zone. Guess it made D-Hall feel better, which of course is far more important than your team getting hit with a 15-yard penalty. :rolleyes:

The Raiders are preparing to make a run at Michael Vick, according to NFL sources. The Raiders package would include receivers Randy Moss and Jerry Porter plus the No.1 overall pick in the 2007 draft for Vick and the Falcons first round pick (10th overall).

-- foxsports.com

You mean they'd finally be getting Michael Vick some WR's in the deal that ships him off elsewhere? Interesting.

IUe6Hvh.png

I'll be waiting.

-- foxsports.com

You mean they'd finally be getting Michael Vick some WR's in the deal that ships him off elsewhere? Interesting.

But with the #1 pick they could get Quinn or Russell and they would be in a good situation with a few good WR's and a few good RB's. I doubt the Raiders are stupid enough to make this deal but with them you never know.

saBS.png

Archived