RBK Edge jerseys in action

_RH_

Don't All-Star jerseys typically incorporate the host teams colors? I like the design, but I would liked to have seen these in Stars colors.

Except for the last All-Star Game in Minnesota, I think that would only happen by coincidence. For the longest time, the uniforms were black and orange, the color scheme of the NHL logo. Starting in New York in 1994, the uniforms were switched to a more "trendy" color scheme of teal and purple. In the late 90's the colors went to red, white and navy blue, and the colors haven't strayed much from those.

I think the 1994 jerseys were based on the seat colours in MSG. I can't remember exactly whether that's true, but I think thats what it was based on. It's funny how those colours became the official colours for the conference up until 2005.

I think they were, much like this year, based on the conference logos which were featured on the front as the crest. The logos were Teal for the east and purple for the West. In the late 90's they switched to Red and Blue.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived