RBK Edge jerseys in action

_RH_

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel kind of dirty admitting this... but I really like the look of these in actoin...

DNA139012221_1024x768.jpg

DNA150012221_1024x768.jpg

DNA165012223_1024x768.jpg

DNA141012221_1024x768.jpg

DNA147012221_1024x768.jpg

That tiny Ducks logo bugs the hell out of me considering every other team has a giant patch on their shoulders...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

It may just be me but the more I look at the Kipper pic the more I realise how baggy it is on the arms... I thought these were supposed to look tighter on goalies? Either way, could just be the angle but they don't hug the arms as much as it does on the players.

Mind you, in this pic it seems very tight on the forarm and a little baggy up around the shoulders as well as down by the waist...

DNA144012221_1024x768.jpg

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I'm actually a bit impressed with how these are actually OK .. not the design mind you ... just the cut of the new uni (although from what we were told ... it looks like the netminders may have asked for the next size up to compensate for the size loss).

I think all these swooping and swooshing striping patterns only remind of how Hollywood used to portray the future in every movie (collars have disappeared, jeans no longer exist, everything zips in a weird unnatural way). This aesthetic is simply designing for the sake of designing ... its ridiculous. And on top of it all ... its trendiness at its worst.

It really looks like the art team at Reebok went ... "HEY, we have the capability of doing any kind of stripe we want now ... WHAT SHOULD WE DOOOOO" (exhibit A ... the socks). It seems to me, that if you removed everything else (trends, what we're capable of in production, and what the NHL is trying to accomplish ... ie. become relevant to youth culture) and tried to judge these, on a purely aesthetic basis, against something like these:

149_a.jpg

or these:

pG01-1110657reg.jpg

its pretty simple that style, communication, and clarity of design all fall totally flat on this latest version. Rather than looking like warriors adorned in uniforms of battle, they look like WWE superstars screaming at everyone .. HEY WE'RE COOL LIKE THE ATLANTA FALCONS, WE'RE RELEVANT LIKE MICHAEL VICK.

the NHL creative team (with obvious assistance from Reebok) seem to be trying to play catchup with the NFL, rather than stake their own claim, embrance the core of what makes the NHL great, and create a fantastic presence based off that.

I don't hate these, surprisingly. I wouldn't want any teams to sport this kind of look, but for all-star jerseys, I'm ok with them.

Though, js makes a point that the 2004 jerseys were awesome--I have one of each conference. (Of course, I was also at that game.) The orange one... eh, I dunno, it doesn't scream good design to me.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

the NHL creative team (with obvious assistance from Reebok) seem to be trying to play catchup with the NFL, rather than stake their own claim, embrance the core of what makes the NHL great, and create a fantastic presence based off that.

I didn't know where to cut your post, and I certainly don't disagree with anything you said, but something struck me funny. You know what the shield on the new all-star jerseys remind me a bit of?

amerks_1.jpg

That's not a dig. Just an observation.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

yeah .. i guess i can see that, with the addition of a 3D quality to it, plus the 3 star pattern. I don't really like the conference shields though. I can enjoy them just fine ... but i think its the amount of letters crammed into such a space that we're use to seeing only 3 letters in.

plus when compared to the NFL's awesome NFC and AFC logos ... its like they created a tutorial on conference branding, and the NHL just ignored it. I even think the MLS conferences outshine these ( i dont like the letterforms on these, but love the ideas driving them)

2087.gif2086.gif

ok, i feel like i'm on a complaining spree now ... so i'm shuttin up for a bit.

I like the way the eastern jersey looks. It isn't as tight as I thought it would be. I don't like the side stars that go down the jersey though. I think that the west jerseys look realy weird because their are no horizontal stripes at the bottom so they have an all blue look. The east jereseys don't have this because of their red pants.

yeah .. i guess i can see that, with the addition of a 3D quality to it, plus the 3 star pattern. I don't really like the conference shields though. I can enjoy them just fine ... but i think its the amount of letters crammed into such a space that we're use to seeing only 3 letters in.

plus when compared to the NFL's awesome NFC and AFC logos ... its like they created a tutorial on conference branding, and the NHL just ignored it. I even think the MLS conferences outshine these ( i dont like the letterforms on these, but love the ideas driving them)

2087.gif2086.gif

ok, i feel like i'm on a complaining spree now ... so i'm shuttin up for a bit.

I really don't see how you can say the NFL's conference logos beat the NHL's. They are just colored blocks with words. What is so superior about the NFL's?

Archived