RBK Edge jerseys in action

_RH_

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest darkpiranha

I'm glad most of the comments in this thread are positive towards the new designs, because I was really starting to wonder if everyone was complaining about them just for the sake of complaining.

I think these look great. Slick and sleek. Not nearly as big a change as I was expecting. In fact, if not for all the discussion on these boards, I would have been hard-pressed to really notice the differences. They look pretty much the same, just cleaner.

Funny how alot of ppl where made about the changes then they see them and are pleased with them. Its pretty much nutten different just more slim, and i guess its better for the players. But they look like there a pain in the ass to get on over the equipment lol.

4kv29i.jpg

Wow i never really thought about that. Mabye Bettmans idea is good after all. Thats how they where, bringing them back, kinda brings back memories.

4kv29i.jpg

yeah .. i guess i can see that, with the addition of a 3D quality to it, plus the 3 star pattern. I don't really like the conference shields though. I can enjoy them just fine ... but i think its the amount of letters crammed into such a space that we're use to seeing only 3 letters in.

plus when compared to the NFL's awesome NFC and AFC logos ... its like they created a tutorial on conference branding, and the NHL just ignored it. I even think the MLS conferences outshine these ( i dont like the letterforms on these, but love the ideas driving them)

2087.gif2086.gif

ok, i feel like i'm on a complaining spree now ... so i'm shuttin up for a bit.

The funny thing is the NHL has secondary logos for the Conferences that are exactly like that...

Here's the East: http://www.sportslogos.net/logo.php?lo=6858

Here's the West: http://www.sportslogos.net/logo.php?lo=6860

ovechkin has some pretty crazy looking skates in the dressing room picture, does he always wear those?

Ovechkin wears a CCM Vector 10.0 SE with Tuuk Lightspeed holders. He wanted input on how his skates looked so CCM made those specifically for him....his skates look different from the retail 10.0's and there was public demand so CCM released the 10.0 SE. You can see some information here:

http://en.ccmsports.com/vector/

ovechkin has some pretty crazy looking skates in the dressing room picture, does he always wear those?

Ovechkin wears a CCM Vector 10.0 SE with Tuuk Lightspeed holders. He wanted input on how his skates looked so CCM made those specifically for him....his skates look different from the retail 10.0's and there was public demand so CCM released the 10.0 SE. You can see some information here:

http://en.ccmsports.com/vector/

and here:

http://www.hockeymonkey.com/ccm-hockey-ska...r-10-se-sr.html

REDSKINS.png

Hard to judge by all-star jerseys alone. Will have to wait for team-issue stuff.

In some ways, the cut of the jersey reminds me of the old Cooperall style, which was shorter and snugger than the traditional jersey. (It didn't fly then; I don't know if it will now.)

And I'm really picking nits with this one, but it appears the pant shell frequently exposes the black protective gear underneath.

Beyond that, not nearly the catastrophe that many were expecting.

I'm glad the jerseys are now out, because all these armageddon-sayers on this forum will shut their mouth out!

It is awesome the link with the sixties' jerseys.

And for those who are frustrated by the fact that no nhl unis were presented yesterday, be patient!

Go East Go!

It Should Be Lawful for the Queen of Hockey Land, by and with the Advice and the Consent of the Sinners and the House of Pain, to Make Laws for Pucks, Hot Dogs and Good Government...

I'm glad the jerseys are now out, because all these armageddon-sayers on this forum will shut their mouth out!

It is awesome the link with the sixties' jerseys.

And for those who are frustrated by the fact that no nhl unis were presented yesterday, be patient!

Go East Go!

It Should Be Lawful for the Queen of Hockey Land, by and with the Advice and the Consent of the Sinners and the House of Pain, to Make Laws for Pucks, Hot Dogs and Good Government...

Wow i never really thought about that. Mabye Bettmans idea is good after all. Thats how they where, bringing them back, kinda brings back memories.

Yeah, except the NHL logo is at the collar. I always liked the baggy look but the new jerseys aren't that bad. I think people originally overreacted because the All-Star jersey had no horizontal stripes and only vertical stripes. I think people assumed that all jersey would be like this. It's like introducing the Sharks jersey first with all the vertical stripes and people assuming that they would all look like that.

Funny how when I said this exact same thing a few months ago I got slammed for it.

I'm glad these are finally out to shut people up.

I also said numerous times that the designs wouldn't be changing either (as did many other people) yet everyone acts like this is breaking news.

It's too bad people don't pay attention more often. If they did we wouldn't have all this "OMG RBK ND NIKE R GUNA KILL HOCKY I HOP DEY DIE" and "BUTTMAN R TEH SUX0R 4 no Reesun i just liek cumpliainin"

Archived