RBK Edge jerseys in action

_RH_

Funny how when I said this exact same thing a few months ago I got slammed for it.

I'm glad these are finally out to shut people up.

I also said numerous times that the designs wouldn't be changing either (as did many other people) yet everyone acts like this is breaking news.

It's too bad people don't pay attention more often. If they did we wouldn't have all this "OMG RBK ND NIKE R GUNA KILL HOCKY I HOP DEY DIE" and "BUTTMAN R TEH SUX0R 4 no Reesun i just liek cumpliainin"

Try to keep in mind that RBK's original plans did include numbers on the front, tucked in jerseys, no horizontal stripes, and around three templates for the entire league.

Also keep in mind that the major concern about the new uniforms was not about a tighter fit, but the preservation of classic designs, designs that would have been eliminated if RBK's original plan had gone through.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ovechkin has some pretty crazy looking skates in the dressing room picture, does he always wear those?

well seeing how its the all-star game, i think it would be your first and only clue lol.

i have no idea what that means.

Ovechkin wears a CCM Vector 10.0 SE with Tuuk Lightspeed holders. He wanted input on how his skates looked so CCM made those specifically for him....his skates look different from the retail 10.0's and there was public demand so CCM released the 10.0 SE. You can see some information here:

http://en.ccmsports.com/vector/

and here:

http://www.hockeymonkey.com/ccm-hockey-ska...r-10-se-sr.html

thank you

And I'm really picking nits with this one, but it appears the pant shell frequently exposes the black protective gear underneath.

I pretty sure the only reason for that is because the players are wearing their regular pants underneath the shell. If they were to wear these pants for every game then they would have pants of the right color and the designs would be on the pants themselves. These shells are just a cover for one game, that's not how they would look if they were worn in every game. In other words, they wouldn't wear shells at all.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Don't All-Star jerseys typically incorporate the host teams colors? I like the design, but I would liked to have seen these in Stars colors.

Except for the last All-Star Game in Minnesota, I think that would only happen by coincidence. For the longest time, the uniforms were black and orange, the color scheme of the NHL logo. Starting in New York in 1994, the uniforms were switched to a more "trendy" color scheme of teal and purple. In the late 90's the colors went to red, white and navy blue, and the colors haven't strayed much from those.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Don't All-Star jerseys typically incorporate the host teams colors? I like the design, but I would liked to have seen these in Stars colors.

Except for the last All-Star Game in Minnesota, I think that would only happen by coincidence. For the longest time, the uniforms were black and orange, the color scheme of the NHL logo. Starting in New York in 1994, the uniforms were switched to a more "trendy" color scheme of teal and purple. In the late 90's the colors went to red, white and navy blue, and the colors haven't strayed much from those.

I think the 1994 jerseys were based on the seat colours in MSG. I can't remember exactly whether that's true, but I think thats what it was based on. It's funny how those colours became the official colours for the conference up until 2005.

Juventus.png

Ladies and gentlemen, my wife has just had the most astute observation yet about the new Rbk Edge jerseys. The following sentence should put to rest any discussion about why they look weird/ugly/whatever.

"They look like the outfits from Tron."

There's nothing I can add to that. Perfection.

As far as All-Star jerseys go, I think these look really good.

However, I reserve the right to withold my opinion of the whole RBK/NHL uni situation until the teams reveal their new unis this Summer.

"This sweater, this Bluenote, it's your life. That Bluenote never hits the floor. You wear that sweater with pride." Barclay Plager

plagerbrosdancing.jpg

Im watching the game on two networks CBC and OLN HI-Def.

Here are my observations:

1. The players do not seem any faster than normal.

2. On the OLN HI-Def close-ups players appear to be taller and leaner.

3. The striping on the jerseys and the pants appear to line up well.

4. Ovechkin's visor is pretty sweet looking.

In the first intermission, Ron McLean had Bettman pour a bottle of water on the new jersey and it rolled right off. If every team is wearing the same new jersey, would all of the teams have the same benefit? Canceling eachother out?

Dan

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Im watching the game on two networks CBC and OLN HI-Def.

Here are my observations:

1. The players do not seem any faster than normal.

2. On the OLN HI-Def close-ups players appear to be taller and leaner.

3. The striping on the jerseys and the pants appear to line up well.

4. Ovechkin's visor is pretty sweet looking.

In the first intermission, Ron McLean had Bettman pour a bottle of water on the new jersey and it rolled right off. If every team is wearing the same new jersey, would all of the teams have the same benefit? Canceling each other out?

Dan

True that it wouldn't give any one team an advantage, but it was designed to benfit the individual players so they won't have to spend as much energy during a game having to play with a jersey that has become much heavier in the third period (and then overtime) because it has absorbed so much water.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

DALLAS (CP) - The verdict is in - the new uniforms are a hit.

Players wore new Reebok jerseys in a match for the first time at the NHL all-star game Wednesday night. Most said they felt comfortable in the sleek uniforms, made with more modern material that is lighter, cooler and more water-resistant.

Pittsburgh Penguins forward Sidney Crosby, who is sponsored by Reebok and worked on the project's development last summer, said he noticed a difference.

''You can obviously tell that everyone is not soaked out there,'' Crosby said. ''So that's a nice feeling.''

The uniforms have been three years in development and will be used by all 30 NHL teams next season. Tampa Bay Lightning forward Vincent Lecavalier can't wait to put them on every game.

''I love 'em,'' he said. ''We tried them in practice maybe two or three months ago.

''I love them, they're definitely lighter, you just feel better and it seems like you're moving better too. Everything is positive.''

A few players noted it took some time to get used to the tighter fit, but that was the only real gripe.

''I didn't feel restricted, I didn't feel there was a big change in the way they felt,'' said Carolina Hurricanes forward Justin Williams. ''I would call it an improvement.''

Players wore the new uniforms during Tuesday's skills competition, a day after they were officially unveiled by the league.

''When everybody goes to them, I don't think you're going to get many complaints,'' said Montreal Canadiens defenceman Sheldon Souray. ''They don't absorb water, I mean you can feel it - it's pretty unbelievable.

''The socks were really comfortable and the pants were good. Everything was really positive.''

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=193517&hubname=

Sounds good. Only gripe I have with the jerseys is that they show off the pointy ends of the shoulder pads. It makes them look too skinny. Other than that, I'm looking forward to seeing the new jerseys.

True that it wouldn't give any one team an advantage, but it was designed to benfit the individual players so they won't have to spend as much energy during a game having to play with a jersey that has become much heavier in the third period (and then overtime) because it has absorbed so much water.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

Granted I have never played hockey anywhere near the professional level, but as someone who has played with the old/current style of jersey cut, you don't feel the jersey weighing you down. So really I don't know how much of an advantage these jerseys can give you.

That said, as long as traditional striping patterns can be replicated on these new "Edge" sweaters I have no problem with them.

Archived