2007 Bandy World Championships

-Helix-

Yay for obscure sports that nobody even knows exist. :D

Bandy happens to be one of my favorite sports though. Too bad they only play it in Minnesota as far as American Bandy goes.

http://bandy.kemerovo.ru/?eng=1

It's in Russia by the way incase you couldn't tell. If you aren't familiar with the sport there plenty of information on the site under History. And there's also Wikipedia.

For the lazy man's version of the summary of Bandy: It's the long lost relative of ice hockey. The "missing link" if you will between the long evolution of field hockey to ice hockey. It's basically field hockey on ice. I don't find field hockey exciting at all - but the ice makes all the difference. :P

It's looking like the U.S. will probably play Belarus for promotion into the top group. The same as the last World Championships. Belarus barely beat out the U.S. in that game. Hopefully the Americans will get some revenge!

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

985b.jpg

I've heard of bandy and keep with it loosely. It seems awesome and I would love to see it. But unfortunately, as you know, it'd be damned impossible to see it here in Florida.

Damn USA has scored more goals than Russia.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

I've heard of bandy and keep with it loosely. It seems awesome and I would love to see it. But unfortunately, as you know, it'd be damned impossible to see it here in Florida.

Damn USA has scored more goals than Russia.

I've thought about inventing roller bandy so I could play down here. :P

Probably hard to find all the equipment though.

Atleast I can watch games online. It holds me over. I only really pay attention to the national teams though. Same as I do with Rugby.

There's links for the live broadcasts on that site by the way. Games are early though - I haven't been able to catch one yet. But I'll definitely watch this weekend.

Archived