Note by not blues book

STL FANATIC

I just got the Note by Note history in pictures book of the St. Louis Blues for my birthday. I have heard there are some crazy more modern ideas for jerseys in here. I have come across a picture of General manger Lynn Patrick and Team Govener Sid Salomon III modeling what were suppossed to be the original jerseys. They are similar to what actaully turned out, but it featured arched up "ST LOUIS", and arched and expanding "BLUES". There is a "BlueNote" cutting up through "ST. LOUIS", but it only features a top flag as opposed to the six flags on the logo actually used. I am not gonna scan these to abide by the copyright laws, but it's kind of interesting.

we scan and make up hundreds of things here that violate the copyright laws, as long as your not making money off it i think it'll be cool to show 'em.

i'm just curious to see 'em, that's all.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Yeah STL lets see them.  Also if you have any other pics of unused unis, I think the rejected third is in there, post em!  PLLLLLLLLEEEEEEASE!

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

They have also ideas for new jerseys the same time they came out with those diagonal ones. Also they have an insanely gly jersey in there that was almost used as a third. One of the few good things Keenan did was to vetoe it. They were gonna have  mascot. I will consider scanning it.

I have been extremely busy lately and in fact haven't even gotten to look at my book again. As soon as I have time and remember I will do this. They are crazy designs. Color changes logo adjustments.

A wacky third jersey that had a scheduled date to be worn before being turned down by Keenan. Thing Mighty Ducks Wild Wing jerseys with the Blues' old trumpet. Then you have a not tye die but multiple random colors for a background, and that description probably makes it sound better than it is. It would have been neat to wear to a game during that scheme, but not on the ice.

Also, with the completley new designs they were going to have a "Cool Cat" logo featuring a litttle detailed jazz musician. They show a picture of what would have been the mascot. Of course, a Cool Cat, and the mascot would have actually been a Cat.

Personally with new set designs I think you would have seen a public outcry to atleast go back to the original logo as not all of the jerseys themselves were that bad.

Did I leave you hanging without pictures? Sorry. I will do my best to show you guys.

My wife, God love her, bought me the book for Valentine's day.  It comes in a box that has a miniature (about 5 in.) embroidered bluenote embossed into it.  I haven't been able to pore through the entire contents yet but I did get far enough to see the team's original season ticket brochure.  It appears to have been printed in late 66 or early 67 and it features the names and logos of the Bruins, Blackhawks, Canadiens, Leafs and Redwings and also a logo for the Rangers that I had never seen before.  It was shaped more like a badge than their present sheild logo but did feature "New York" across the top and "Rangers" descending diagonally.  It also featured the name and logo for the Flyers, Northstars, Seals and (of course) Blues.  The Kings were also mentioned, however rather than the logo they used for their first few seasons, it was a rather generic looking crown - solid purple, very flat and wide with the prongs of the crown tipped in gold balls.  Pittsburgh was only mentioned by city name (guess they hadn't settled on "Penguins" at the time) and instead of a team logo there is this odd-looking green circular logo which I am assuming to be the logo for the Civic Arena.  It certainly doesn't look like anything related to hockey or a team mascot.  Unfortunately, I don't have the ability to scan it in but it is most unusual.  STL Fanatic - maybe you could scan it in and let some other folks weigh in on what they think it might be.

As for the "original" uniforms - the ones that Sid Salomon wore to the original press conference - I have seen them in person (they used to hang in Shanny's Center Ice in Kirkwood when it was around) - they were atrocious.  They featured "St Louis"  on top and "Blues" on the bottom, all in a diamond configuration with an eighth note slapped on top.  Very busy and would have been extremely expensive to mass-produce with all that embroidery.

Archived