Baltimore Orioles Road Uniform

MrAsterisk

better, but now i see this:

03rockets_logo.jpgaltimore

I can acknowledge the similarities, but there's really not much I can do if you're so intent on not seeing a "B". I apologize if I seem overly defensive, but with the vertical portion I've added and the fact that it's followed by "altimore", I doubt many would see it as anything but a capital "B".

Can I venture a guess that the "bird in the B" is supposed to be facing to the left, the long point coming off the top is a beak, and the bottom arc is the body? If so, I can kind of see a bird in that but I get the feeling of a pelican rather than an oriole. It is hard to see (I only see it because you said it was supposed to look like a bird), but I encourage you to try to develop it more just to see what you come up with. As far as the script, I may be way off on this, but you might try simply making it black with NO outlines. That would be very simple, and more legible. I am interested in seeing how this continues to evolve.

Thanks for the feedback. The bird thing was just something I noticed when doing some paper drawings of it. It's more true of the original letter than any of the revisions, but it's just a little hint of something somewhat avian. What I saw was actually facing the other way, with the long point as some sort of crest; perhaps I shouldn't have posted that bit.

As for the script on the jersey, that was an idea I had originally. I think the standalone text looks better with outlines, but on the jersey it may be better all-black, so here's a revision:

Final-3.gif

Overall, meh. On one hand, I like the originality of the "Buffy B". And I love the overall idea of putting "Baltimore" back on the roads, Angelos's lunacy be damned.

But the Brush Script "altimore" is just not cutting it. It looks high school amateurish. And truthfully, the "Buffy B", while original, really doesn't look like it would work on an MLB jersey, especially if you finished the rest of the city name in a truly matching font. A little Goth for pro baseball. And why do the letters melt into the tail that runs underneath the lettering? That, as much as anything, is contributing to the high degree of illegibility with this concept. Since you used a double outline at one point in this concept, for the letters to be anywhere near the tail to the point of melting in is not a good idea.

Finally - why is the front number a) so small, and B) so high up on the torso? Leaves a lot of empty space on the front of the jersey.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Thanks for the suggestions, VitaminD. I've made some changes with those suggestions in mind. I think I managed to find a font that matched but wasn't too "Goth" at the same time.

Final-4.gif

Scripts-3.gif

More C&C please; I'd like to keep refining this concept.

To me the bottom of the B is still a issue it needs to be a smoother edge on the bottom. You can still make the bottom an O without making it look forced you just need to tweak it.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

One kajillion times better. I know what gueman is saying about smoothing out the "B", and he's got a good point. If you could do that, I would call this one finished - and finished well at that.

The lack of a bird on the hat would take some getting used to (I just got my white-panel/cartoon bird hat shipped (think '83 champs hat), and I love it), but it would work. And the striped socks are the best part of the look - I don't think I have done a baseball concept that didn't have sock stripes.

This has come a million miles from where it started. Well done.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Here's a new pair of scripts, with the "B" fixed to the best of my ability:

scriptsie3.gif

EDIT:

Speaking of your hat, VitaminD, I took a look at that old cartoon bird logo, and I was pleased with how well it looked alongside the "B" I created, so I decided to put together a home alternate:

finalhaltyy9.gif

At first I didn't like the font choice for the 'altimore.' but the new font is much better. That said, I'm not much of a fan of the 'B.' With the script, it looks pretty good, but on it's own it falters. There's just too much going on with it. I don't really like how it looks on it's own.

Even though you say there's a bird in the 'B,' I don't see it. I'm not sure what you can do to achieve it though.

Great job, but I'm just not feeling it.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

Archived