Baltimore Orioles Road Uniform

MrAsterisk

I recently completed a "Baltimore" script and road uniforms for the Orioles. The "B" in Baltimore, also the cap logo, is meant to look somewhat bird-like and I tried to keep it at least a little classic. I wasn't satisfied with a solid black "Baltimore" with no outlines, but I do have another version with the black and orange switched, similar to the current "Orioles" script on the roads.

Most Recent Revision:

Final-4.gif

Recent Addition -- Home Alternate:

finalhaltyy9.gif

Original:

Final.gif

C&C welcome and appreciated!

Thanks for the compliments.

I was worried that the script was too wide, but I didn't want to slant it. Also, the outermost outline (white) might look a little too small. It might be that there is no vertical line in the "B", as well. Here are the two different-colored scripts at a larger size for comparison:

Scripts.gif

Here's a revision with those changes to the "B". The vertical portion has been added and it is thinner.

Final-1.gif

Scripts-1.gif

Ooooh, very nice, getting better...

something about the "altimore" part looks too much like brush script for me.

You know, I rarely visit ccslsc anymore. I really should fix that.

Thanks. Any further suggestions?

Hah, we posted at the same time, look up.

P.S.: I've just realized that Jim Nantz is the most perfect human being currently in existence

what?

You know, I rarely visit ccslsc anymore. I really should fix that.

That was another one of my worries from the begininng, in fact. It was the closest font I had to the "B" when I started, but I agree it looks a little too puffy and unpolished.

Of the free fonts I've found on the web, I'm having trouble finding anything much better, though. I assume the font in Baltimore's "Orioles" script is custom; that's what I'd like to match.

P.S.: Just tuned in to Jim Nantz welcoming the audience to the Big Ten championship and he is pretty perfect. Especially right after listening to Verne Lundquist for two hours.

That is a really fantastic concept.

Just one problem, though: It doesn't say Baltimore Orioles to me. Maybe I'm too used to the Baltimore script on the old Orioles road uniforms.

Your type of font, though, might have been great for a team like the Washington Nationals. I suggest you try that -- it almost looks John Hancockish, so it might look great with the Nationals.

A+ for effort, but I'm not digging it...The B looks forced. I know it is a major PIA but perhaps you could create a font that matches the "Buffy" B. But keep trying, that is the only way we can get better.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

The "B" is the idea that blossomed into this concept, so I'd like to stay at least a little true to it. I've made some changes in light of the feedback people have posted and some changes of my own.

- Used orange script instead of black, and slanted instead of straight, to harken back to the old "Baltimore" script

- Changed the front number to all-black like the back name and added a white outline to the back number to match the script

- Made some minor alterations to the script, further shrunk the "B" and slightly changing the "altimore" letters to be a little more blocky and closer to the team's "Orioles" script

Final-2.gif

Scripts-2.gif

More C&C is always appreciated.

Can I venture a guess that the "bird in the B" is supposed to be facing to the left, the long point coming off the top is a beak, and the bottom arc is the body? If so, I can kind of see a bird in that but I get the feeling of a pelican rather than an oriole. It is hard to see (I only see it because you said it was supposed to look like a bird), but I encourage you to try to develop it more just to see what you come up with. As far as the script, I may be way off on this, but you might try simply making it black with NO outlines. That would be very simple, and more legible. I am interested in seeing how this continues to evolve.

LT

Archived