MLB 2024 Uniform/Logo Changes

TrueYankee26

The introduction of Nike's template for jerseys (with its ridiculously narrow placket) ought to force some teams to consider pullover jerseys. (Especially two-button pullovers.) The Orioles are a team that would benefit. The current version of their script looks much better on pullovers than full button jerseys. (Or, they could just fix the script...but I despair of that.)

• Like 2
  • Dislike 3

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, ThunderCeltic said:

Any club getting new logo or home/away uniforms?

Would love to see the Cubs bring back red billed caps or get a new road uniform similar to the 1990-1993 road set.

Don’t think it has been confirmed but someone from the Mariners made a comment suggesting they may update. I can’t find the quote but it had to do with the font on one of their jerseys (either the name or number, maybe both) not matching the rest of their set. The person said something to the extent of “it would be fixed next year.”

• Like 2

On 10/16/2023 at 8:08 PM, aawagner011 said:

Don’t think it has been confirmed but someone from the Mariners made a comment suggesting they may update. I can’t find the quote but it had to do with the font on one of their jerseys (either the name or number, maybe both) not matching the rest of their set. The person said something to the extent of “it would be fixed next year.”

Is the kerning going to be FINALLY fixed on the navy blue jerseys?

• Like 1

On 7/20/2023 at 2:18 PM, GriffinM6 said:

Looks good, but something feels off about the cream colored font. Would look better in white.

I wholeheartedly agree.  I assume this is a sign of sticking with the City Connects for the long-term to the point of wanting to represent them somehow in the identity.  It's the one place in their... anything that features the color.

Well, besides the stone in Globe Life Field.  Oh lord, we just got away from Kasota Gold.  WE CAN'T GO BACK!!!  🥴

spacer.png

spacer.png

On 10/16/2023 at 8:08 PM, aawagner011 said:

My guess would be that they are changing to block numbers on the navy jersey.  They currently have a font somewhat similar to the Ravens number font.

spacer.png

• Like 7

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

35 minutes ago, leopard88 said:

My guess would be that they are changing to block numbers on the navy jersey.  They currently have a font somewhat similar to the Ravens number font.

spacer.png

Let's hope they also change the shade of navy to match their hats...

• Like 5

14 hours ago, leopard88 said:

spacer.png

They've always been a weird outlier.  While everything else changed and updated, they stayed the same with their front number and weird font.  The uniform limits that prompted the ditching of gray may have happened quicker than the allowed time for new uniforms, and the differences were probably a lot more noticeable when they were getting so much more play.

But I wouldn't mind a little freshening of things.  Not too big, but the 2015 addition of the silver really made the home wordmark pop while the two hues touching made it become a drab blob.  I wish they could do this for the Seattle wordmark, but I'm not sure how that would work, unless the navy outline were replaced with teal and a white outline like the pre-2015 grays were added?  

spacer.png

spacer.png

There needs more 'northwest green' in that jersey.  It's a fine design, just a little drab.  

Hell - get crazy and go with northwest green pants and caps.  

• Like 3

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Red and Turquoise might be decent enough and split the different between the two eras.

Instead of DBacks or Diamondbacks they have to go with A logo on the chest, IDK why they seem so reluctant to bring that back. You can stick DBacks on one of the alternates if you must.

• Like 5

If those D-backs rumors are actually true, I wonder if the team’s plans to roll out this new look will change should they manage to clinch a title this week. 

Can anyone remember a time when a team won the World Series and then immediately introduced new uniforms the following season?

Side note, I remember reading about the Cubs focus testing new uniforms and logos around 2014/15, and then 2016 happened and those rumors were never mentioned again. 

21 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

if the team’s plans to roll out this new look will change should they manage to clinch a title this week. 

They can't.  If true, merch has already been made and paperwork filed.  Poor foresight on their part to not predict that they'd make it to the world series - what were they thinking 😆

21 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

Can anyone remember a time when a team won the World Series and then immediately introduced new uniforms the following season?

Off the top of my head, no, but that probably has more to do with the fact that MLB has been more conservative than some of the other leagues as far as teams redesigning (it's relatively rare, as opposed to NBA and recent NFL), and teams tend to plan these things when they totally suck (though as we've seen recently, you can go from suck to pretty good pretty quickly these days.)

• Like 4

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."