MLB 2024 Uniform/Logo Changes

TrueYankee26

Tampa Bay Rays pitches new stadium plans to St. Pete City Council

One other new detail coming from Thursday's meeting: under the deal, the Rays would be required to don "St. Petersburg Rays" jerseys for at least one game in the new stadium, pending MLB approval. 

• LOL 5

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

On 11/14/2023 at 7:55 AM, Yac12 said:

I also noticed the no walking cub patch during the press conference.  From what I can tell it was a replica jersey and I don't think the replicas have the patch. 

Perhaps, but last year when Dansby Swanson was introduced he got a jersey with the walking bear patch.  I made sure to check that. 

13 hours ago, BJ Sands said:

Perhaps, but last year when Dansby Swanson was introduced he got a jersey with the walking bear patch.  I made sure to check that. 

https://apnews.com/article/mlb-sports-chicago-cubs-atlanta-braves-dansby-swanson-cebda94b7a4a9d649ada0f2bfd6f7f9b

Picture in this article shows Swanson was given an authentic jersey.

10 hours ago, coco1997 said:

MLB owners approve Athletics' planned move to Las Vegas, sources say - ESPN

I really hope the A's keep their current unis but just change the road script to reflect their new city. I also wonder if any design work was done on an Oakland City Connect uniform, which at this point we'll likely never get to see. 

I'd be disappointed if they don't switch to kelly green full-time. I also wouldn't mind seeing some  sort of striping on the uniforms.

• Like 1

Glad they decided to make a choice between teal & sand, instead of trying to do both, and the A on the chest of the home jersey is much better than the D-Backs wordmark. I don't mind the D snake, but would've preferred the updated one they used when they first switched to brick red.

• Like 5

star-wars-surprise.gif

Other than their classic purple and turquoise look, this is easily my favorite look Arizona has ever had. A few nitpicks: 

- No team needs four different caps. Drop the solid colored ones and keep the two with contrasting bills. 

- I don't like that the red alt is the only jersey with front numbers. I'd like to see them added across the board. 

- I'd flip the trim colors on the "ARIZONA" wordmark. I'm not convinced the turquoise outermost outline shows very well against the light gray of the jersey. I might have to mock that up to see how it looks. 

Now, on to the good stuff:

- Love that they finally went all-in on turquoise. The way it pops against the black alt is especially fantastic.

- The elimination of sand means the color can be totally unique to their City Connect set.  

- Happy that they're using the "A" on the home jersey, which is off-white (another plus). 

- Never thought we'd see the full team name on a jersey again, but here we are, and it looks great. 

- I'm indifferent to the return of the snake "D," but I like how it looks in the new colors. 

And most importantly, the stupid "D-BACKS" wordmark is finally gone. 

• Like 11

Meh. I prefer either sticking with the sand or going back to purple and teal. I don't hate it but it but they can't seem to find an identity and this one feels like a forced mashup.

I especially dislike the road grays. The teal outline is barely visible.

Since they’re never going back to purple for some reason, these will certainly do. 

The home jerseys are the best they’ve come up with since the purple set, although I think from a brand standpoint the D-snake hat should be worn with them to avoid the double up with the A-head, and the A-head should be worn on the road. 

• Like 3

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

What I don't get is why the home uniform is that vintage off-white color. Off-white makes sense for traditional franchises and/or traditional color schemes. It does not make sense with this modern color scheme.

And I appreciate the effort, but "Diamondbacks" looks way too narrow on the red alternate.

Other than that, I like the new uniforms. Was a bit shocked to see the snake-D return.

• Dislike 1

5 minutes ago, ruttep said:

What I don't get is why the home uniform is that vintage off-white color. Off-white makes sense for traditional franchises and/or traditional color schemes. It does not make sense with this modern color scheme.

How did you feel about the original D-Backs uniforms? Those were off-white too, but purple and turquoise wasn't exactly a traditional color scheme. 

mlb_g_johnson1_1296x729.jpg

• Like 10