MLB 2024 Uniform/Logo Changes

TrueYankee26

8 hours ago, VampyrRabbit said:

So was the original, the teal, black and copper tied into the state metal and mineral of Arizona, and the purple tied into sunsets.  It was also the best colour scheme that peyote could buy, and it being so loud was perfect. I would put forward the 2001 home sleeveless uniform as the best use of purple and teal in sports, that uniform was awesome.

The new set is good, but I would take an update of the original set over it without question.

I'm a huge Diamondbacks fan and have been one since they announced the team in 1995. But I honestly associate the Diamondbacks as teal first before I see the purple. But I love the red for the Diamondbacks, but I prefer it over purple. I will always love the original set and one of my favorites, but Sedona Red imo is the superior color. Plus if I had it my way, I would have sand, red and teal as the official colors and make black the accent. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Silent Wind of Doom said:

I... didn't even realize it wasn't white.  It looked like a lighting matter, save for the buttons.

https://news.sportslogos.net/2023/11/17/diamondbacks-unveil-four-new-uniforms-for-2024-exchange-sand-for-teal/baseball/

According to the article on this site, it's a cream color.

18 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

I wish there were a turquoise alt. Or, heck, just switch the road grey for turquoise. Other than that, it’s fantastic. The black alt is probably my favorite of the bunch. 

Yea the light blue is great on it and does the effect the Marlins failed at doing with theirs.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ruttep said:

I don't doubt it.  I just didn't realize it until you said something.  If it weren't for the Serpientes alt, I would have been all for them going sand full time on the road or at home.  I also wouldn't be averse to a graphite away since they've lain claim to that before and it would probably allow the turquoise outline to pop better.  Is there any reason besides changing their minds for being so outside the box that they dropped those?

spacer.png

spacer.png

On 11/17/2023 at 7:29 PM, FiddySicks said:

One thing I just noticed. That’s the old D Snake logo. Not sure I like that part of it, as the updated one from 07 is better imo. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

On 11/17/2023 at 7:31 PM, SFGiants58 said:

The old one is more in keeping with the 1998 A logo, in that Factory Pomo-adjacent style. I wouldn’t say it’s the best “D-snake,” but it’s the one that fits the set.

I honestly prefer the old "D-snake" logo entirely, the 2007-2017 one's head is too big and there are too many curved lines, which as @SFGiants58 said, doesn't mesh as well with the 'A' logo.

On 11/17/2023 at 8:29 PM, VikWings said:

I think of the 4 the all red DSnake is the least necessary, and probably the worst one too. Can easily just wear the black/red D one or the red A hat with the red jersey.

8 hours ago, Silent Wind of Doom said:

I immediately saw this and thought that that red A hat would be the first to completely disappear (see the orange Astros hat).

The only reason I'd drop the all-black hat is that I really prefer the Diamondbacks to be a red-heavy team. I think having the all-red hat is a good addition, but I like the black-brimmed hat too. 

4 hours ago, MJD7 said:

The only reason I'd drop the all-black hat is that I really prefer the Diamondbacks to be a red-heavy team. I think having the all-red hat is a good addition, but I like the black-brimmed hat too. 

Oh, I wasn't making a call based on my preference.  But the red A cap is only shown as an alternate home cap to go with alternate red accessories and teams time and time again have fallen back on black, including the Diamondbacks since the introduction of Sedona red to last year.  I can see it being a designer choice that the players rather immediately abandon.

• Like 1

spacer.png

spacer.png

I don't know if this has been brought up, but it is interesting that the Diamondbacks chose to recolor their original D-Snake logo rather that use the updated version that came out during their last brand re-design:

THIS ('99-'06 alternate logo):

spacer.png

vs.

THIS ('06 to present alternate logo):

spacer.png

(Oop! Shout out to @FiddySicks for bring it up)

• Like 3

59ea7286cd78e_NewAvsSig.png.5747971588ea035fdc4dbcf3bf43f77a.png

4 minutes ago, logo-maker said:

I don't know if this has been brought up, but it is interesting that the Diamondbacks chose to recolor their original D-Snake logo rather that use the updated version that came out during their last brand re-design:

spacer.png

vs.

spacer.png

Good call by them. The original is more angular and more colorful than the oversimplified 2006 version.

• Like 8

6 hours ago, logo-maker said:

spacer.png

vs.

spacer.png

The "new" D-Snake for 2024 doesn't have the drop shadow from the original, only an outline.

https://ibb.co/MgVh1Dy

• Like 1

As a big fan of the turquoise color Arizona introduced alongside the brick red,  something was bothering me about the Diamondbacks home uniforms and the realization that they are off-white explains it:

diamondbacks-uniform-white-23.jpg

FpvuS97aUAAII6j?format=jpg&name=4096x409

The off-white "warms" the uniform, but that also alienates the bright turquoise in the color scheme as a super-bright  "cool" color.  The effect is jarring, especially when compared to the previous home turquoise set – where the color scheme shifted from cool-to-warm as you moved from light-to-dark.

• Like 10

On 2023-11-23 at 11:38 AM, GFB said:

The off-white "warms" the uniform, but that also alienates the bright turquoise in the color scheme as a super-bright  "cool" color.  The effect is jarring, especially when compared to the previous home turquoise set – where the color scheme shifted from cool-to-warm as you moved from light-to-dark.

Similar to the off-putting, uncanny vibe that was put off by that Mariners fauxback where they just recolored the current look in royal, yellow, and off-white. Time and a place...

10 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

Do we know if any other teams are rumored to be getting new uniforms for 2024?

I know at least a tweak of Seattle has been mentioned by management and... wasn't there some rumblings about Colorado?  Or did that wind up being their City Connects?

spacer.png

spacer.png

On 11/23/2023 at 11:38 AM, GFB said:

As a big fan of the turquoise color Arizona introduced alongside the brick red,  something was bothering me about the Diamondbacks home uniforms and the realization that they are off-white explains it:

diamondbacks-uniform-white-23.jpg

FpvuS97aUAAII6j?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Personally, I have trouble explaining just how much I love, love, LOVE the fact that the sleeve advert is nearly as big as the jersey logo. Big ups with the love there!

On 11/17/2023 at 7:29 PM, FiddySicks said:

One thing I just noticed. That’s the old D Snake logo. Not sure I like that part of it, as the updated one from 07 is better imo. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

The shadow puppet was the right choice.

N411UFN.jpg

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."