MLB 2024 Uniform/Logo Changes

TrueYankee26

24 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

My takeaway from this news is that the Phillies will 1) be unveiling their City Connect uniforms in 2024, and 2) said uniforms will probably be red.

So far for 2024 City Connects we will almost definitely see:

I'm curious what other remaining teams we'll see, and if we'll get the rest of them, or push some back to 2025.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MJD7 said:

I'm curious what other remaining teams we'll see, and if we'll get the rest of them, or push some back to 2025.

Yankees, Mets, Tigers, Blue Jays, A's (probably on hold now), Guardians and Rays all have yet to unveil City Connect uniforms as well.

9 hours ago, MJD7 said:

I think Chris mentioned in an article for one of the city connect releases this past season that a team that already had a city connect jersey will be getting a new one.  I'd assume it's either LA or the Giants given the poor reception of their initial jerseys, but I wouldn't necessarily say that they're locks. Nike could always surprise us by doing something like recoloring one of the other, better received jerseys.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, McCall said:

Yankees, Mets, Tigers, Blue Jays, A's (probably on hold now), Guardians and Rays all have yet to unveil City Connect uniforms as well.

Yep, it’s just a matter of whether they’ll try to fit them all in for 2024 or push some of them back to 2025.

Hal Steinbrenner also said the Yankees have no plans for a City Connect, so we’ll see if that remains true. If there’s no Yankees & A’s jerseys, that leaves us down to 8 teams remaining, which feels very doable for 2024.

7 minutes ago, BadSeed84 said:

It's going to be weird seeing the Phillies not in red tops during spring training.

They could just wear BP tops if they cared that much.

They wore their regular uniforms in ST during the Fregosi years, which I'm old enough to remember, so it wouldn't be too shocking for me to see that again.

As long as they don't bring back the awful blue ones that they tried to make a thing years ago.

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

15 minutes ago, BBTV said:

They could just wear BP tops if they cared that much.

They wore their regular uniforms in ST during the Fregosi years, which I'm old enough to remember, so it wouldn't be too shocking for me to see that again.

As long as they don't bring back the awful blue ones that they tried to make a thing years ago.

There supposedly isn't any BP/Spring Training tops anymore. The Phillies Red did originally start out as that but became a regular alternate in the past few years.

• Like 1

Either way, it was by far their worst look.  It was a bad jersey, and they simply don't need an alt top.  I'm glad it's gone.

I just wish they had the balls to give Nike the finger with this city connect nonsense.  Even if it turns out to be decent, I'll hate that it diverges so much from their brand, which has been about as consistent as anyone's for 3 full decades now.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

23 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Either way, it was by far their worst look.  It was a bad jersey, and they simply don't need an alt top.  I'm glad it's gone.

I just wish they had the balls to give Nike the finger with this city connect nonsense.  Even if it turns out to be decent, I'll hate that it diverges so much from their brand, which has been about as consistent as anyone's for 3 full decades now.

Yea out of the 5 I did say the Red would go as I like the daytime creams & poweder blues alot more.

6 hours ago, Silent Wind of Doom said:

We saw that Rangers uni on the new template.  Is every uni on every team switching come the spring?  Or a slow roll out with new unis/as old stores empty out?

I believe every team is switching to the new template this upcoming season. It'll be intriguing to see how certain designs, such as those with stripes above the edge of the sleeve, like the Orioles and Braves, or teams with pinstripes will adapt to the cuffs of the new template.

I have very little familiarity with their work elsewhere and... am really failing to look up a comprehensive collection of their jerseys.  Do they make raglan sleeves for pinstriped uniforms?  I see, like, racing stripes, so I'd think it would be possible, but am not sure.  I doubt they'd tell the Yanks, Cubs, and Brewers to kick rocks when it comes to this touch,

spacer.png

spacer.png

8 hours ago, Silent Wind of Doom said:

I have very little familiarity with their work elsewhere and... am really failing to look up a comprehensive collection of their jerseys.  Do they make raglan sleeves for pinstriped uniforms?  I see, like, racing stripes, so I'd think it would be possible, but am not sure.  I doubt they'd tell the Yanks, Cubs, and Brewers to kick rocks when it comes to this touch,

The Yomiuri Giants revealed new jerseys recently that appear to be on Nike’s new template, & have raglan sleeves, so it appears to at least be a possibility.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, marlinfan said:

A personal contact within the Marlins FO indicated they were workshopping new colors over the summer as part of a City Connect refresh.  They weren’t sure if this was for 2024 or 2025.

The team with an upper-half City Connect and an identity that throws away a clear slam dunk with their original colors is looking to change... the former.

Unless they're going to teal-ify the City Connect as a test balloon.

Or they could just be planning on making the throwback their City Connect so they could add another alt in their current scheme.

spacer.png

spacer.png