MLB 2024 Uniform/Logo Changes

TrueYankee26

11 hours ago, Anubis2051 said:

So I would agree that I don't think this is happening, however today I was in the MLB store in NYC and there was lots of city connect Marlins gear recolored to teal. Notably one tshirt was the crown logo, with the Florida fish logo (the round one) on the sleeve. 

Smart way to use teal under the uniform guidelines

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26

2 hours ago, TrueYankee26 said:

Almost Saltalamacchia like

spacer.png

I assume he's referring to how the MLB logo is now under the placket stitching, forcing the NOB (and number) to be lower by a couple of inches.

If they cant put the MLB logo inside Nike's new-reduced placket, then they should move it to the sleeve where the Majestic logo was.

• Like 3

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, BBTV said:

I assume he's referring to how the MLB logo is now under the placket stitching, forcing the NOB (and number) to be lower by a couple of inches.

If they cant put the MLB logo inside Nike's new-reduced placket, then they should move it to the sleeve where the Majestic logo was.

57070944_10156356109303691_8900781613097

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

2 hours ago, BBTV said:

Correct.

StyWqcu.jpg

• Hurl 1

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

On 12/2/2023 at 5:48 AM, MJD7 said:

It's probably going to be the same reasoning George gave for why they didn't have a TATC look.  The Yankee pinstripes are as much of a connection to the city as any possible City Connect look, just as the Yankees in their current uniform are exactly what you'd expect them to be wearing when facing the Mercury Mets in 2183.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

VmWIn6B.png

17 hours ago, Anubis2051 said:

So I would agree that I don't think this is happening, however today I was in the MLB store in NYC and there was lots of city connect Marlins gear recolored to teal. Notably one tshirt was the crown logo, with the Florida fish logo (the round one) on the sleeve. 

I was in that store not long ago myself while I was on a business trip and saw those items you mentioned. The hat I believe has been for sale online for awhile now. So I don't think it's a new item. I don't see the shirt for sale online, though.

I will also point out that I recall the MLB flagship store had a ton of the regular red and blue City Connect stuff too. I didn't get the impression that this teal reimagining was replacing it. I'd chalk it up to the "fashion" category that provides alternatives to the field worn stuff, but that's just my hunch.

mens-new-era-white-miami-marlins-coopers

1 hour ago, LMU said:

It's probably going to be the same reasoning George gave for why they didn't have a TATC look.  The Yankee pinstripes are as much of a connection to the city as any possible City Connect look, just as the Yankees in their current uniform are exactly what you'd expect them to be wearing when facing the Mercury Mets in 2183.

But after George died, the Yankees caved to every silly gimmick uniform MLB has trotted out (or at least hats)like the father's day.  They kinda lost their "we value our brand too much for this" cred, which is a shame, because I respected them for it.  George probably wouldn't even have allowed the swoosh - or at least would have resisted as much as possible.

rnosksbfwlfe5tqqux3j.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 hours ago, Marlins93 said:

I was in that store not long ago myself while I was on a business trip and saw those items you mentioned. The hat I believe has been for sale online for awhile now. So I don't think it's a new item. I don't see the shirt for sale online, though.

I will also point out that I recall the MLB flagship store had a ton of the regular red and blue City Connect stuff too. I didn't get the impression that this teal reimagining was replacing it. I'd chalk it up to the "fashion" category that provides alternatives to the field worn stuff, but that's just my hunch.

mens-new-era-white-miami-marlins-coopers

Didn't see that hat, however the t-shirt was prominently displayed in the City Connect section of the store (in the back, next to the register) where all the other teams city connect gear was being shown off. 

1 hour ago, BBTV said:

But after George died, the Yankees caved to every silly gimmick uniform MLB has trotted out (or at least hats)like the father's day.  They kinda lost their "we value our brand too much for this" cred, which is a shame, because I respected them for it.  George probably wouldn't even have allowed the swoosh - or at least would have resisted as much as possible.

rnosksbfwlfe5tqqux3j.jpg

The Yankees actually caved two years before George died, in 08 they did the first 4th of July hat:

spacer.png

Jeter became hit leader the next year while the Yankees were wearing red hats:

It's been downhill ever since.

• Sad 1

Anubis.png

46 minutes ago, ptay said:

Is he holding an authentic jersey?

The lettering looks so small and thin!

Could be because in that lighting, the turquoise kinda vanishes against the white.  Maybe if it was a different color, the number would look more normal.

3 hours ago, BBTV said:

Could be because in that lighting, the turquoise kinda vanishes against the white.  Maybe if it was a different color, the number would look more normal.

It may also be because [it looks like] that jersey is unbuttoned, thus making the NOB/number appear smaller. 

But even taking that into consideration, those NOB glyphs do look a little thinner than the average...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

5 minutes ago, tBBP said:

It may also be because [it looks like] that jersey is unbuttoned, thus making the NOB/number appear smaller. 

But even taking that into consideration, those NOB glyphs do look a little thinner than the average...

I think it was mentioned in Uni Watch that names are a little smaller.  MLB team lettering has never been a consistent size across all teams, so by making it more uniform in height and weight, the arch can be flatter, reducing the chance that longer names will stretch armpit to armpit. Unless Simeon Woods Richardson gets traded to Texas.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

2 hours ago, slapshot said:

I think it was mentioned in Uni Watch that names are a little smaller.  MLB team lettering has never been a consistent size across all teams, so by making it more uniform in height and weight, the arch can be flatter, reducing the chance that longer names will stretch armpit to armpit. Unless Simeon Woods Richardson gets traded to Texas.

Wasn't there some guy a couple years back whose name was even longer than that? (Not Saltalamacchia....it was someone else whose NOB dang near made a 3/4 around his jersey numbers. I think he played for the Rangers at one point...??

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

1 hour ago, adsarebad said:

MLB logo goes above the piping!

I assume the narrower placket makes that difficult. 

On 2023-12-12 at 5:41 PM, Marlins93 said:

Yeah, I think this is just a thing that the merch people have been doing. Can't find it now on a quick Google, but I've definitely seen some Red Sox merch using the City stencil wordmark, just recolored in classic navy and red.

1 hour ago, BBTV said:

I assume the narrower placket makes that difficult. 

Does this only apply to teams who use piping along the placket? The Yankees posted a picture of Soto's jersey in the team store, and the MLB logo is in the usual place. Unless they're still selling jerseys on the old template.

spacer.png