MLB 2024 Uniform/Logo Changes

TrueYankee26

5 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Can anyone remember a time when a team won the World Series and then immediately introduced new uniforms the following season?

Not in MLB, but the St Louis Rams went from royal and athletic gold to navy and vegas gold after Super Bowl XXXIV.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Can anyone remember a time when a team won the World Series and then immediately introduced new uniforms the following season?

The Nationals right after Covid..... they mostly wore their gold-trim championship uniforms at home but they also debuted a similar 'new' home white uniform that was basically the navy Nationals script (sans gold) that they had been wearing as a spring training jersey in previous years.

Kinda odd now that I think about it. But then again, they make poor uniform/identity choices all the time.

On 10/24/2023 at 4:07 PM, coco1997 said:

I'm curious how Nike plans to roll out the remaining City Connect designs. Five next season, five in 2025? 

Given what they've done so far, rolling them off a cliff would be preferable to rolling them out.

• Like 5
  • LOL 3

On 10/25/2023 at 12:42 PM, leopard88 said:

My guess would be that they are changing to block numbers on the navy jersey.  They currently have a font somewhat similar to the Ravens number font.

spacer.png

I never understood having an alternate number font on one jersey only, and then choosing to have your only jersey with a front number be the one with the crappy alternate font. And don't get me started on custom NOB fonts...we could be here for a while.

• Like 2

On 10/27/2023 at 9:39 PM, MJD7 said:

Pretty interesting, albeit unsurprising, rumors. “Diamondbacks” honestly doesn’t look bad in this rough AI-generated concept, but it‘s pretty clear it’d have to be smaller in real life, which wouldn’t look good.

That AI bot needs to do a better job with collar piping. Otherwise (except for the too-small front number) I don't HATE this. 

• Like 2

A change i would like to see is not uniform related, but ballpark related.

Please get rid of the overexposed seating right behind home plate.

This WS was the worst example ever of annoying backgrounds when you try to watch a game.

In Texas we have a whole row of people trying to draw attention to themselves, wearing yellow banana suits and the likes.

In Arizona we have a seating placing behind home plate (and only behind home plate) that looks like it was placed there with the sole purpose to distract the pitcher/TV audience!!

You don't have this in Basketball, Hockey or Football.

...... what the :censored: are they thinking when they build these new arenas??

All of these things are allowed, while the still say the uniform can't have a baseball on them because it might distract a player.  😆

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Huh? 1
  • Dislike 1
  • Eyeroll 2

I think 2024 is the year Nike finally changes the jersey material (probably not for the better). Almost every jersey (authentic and replica) is on sale right now. 

Unfortunately (and unsurprisingly), Nike is jacking up the prices. The Nike Vapor Limited Rangers WS Jersey is $40 more than the current replica price.

On 10/31/2023 at 1:42 PM, TBGKon said:

Not in MLB, but the St Louis Rams went from royal and athletic gold to navy and vegas gold after Super Bowl XXXIV.

Houston Rockets won back-to-back and then went to the pinstripe uniforms. 

• Like 3

On 9/9/2023 at 7:53 PM, M59 said:

The introduction of Nike's template for jerseys (with its ridiculously narrow placket) ought to force some teams to consider pullover jerseys. (Especially two-button pullovers.) The Orioles are a team that would benefit. The current version of their script looks much better on pullovers than full button jerseys. (Or, they could just fix the script...but I despair of that.)

can you show me what you mean by narrow placket?

4 minutes ago, adsarebad said:

If you go to (probably)notabandwagonfan's post above, you can see it in the X post. Also, the Royals test drove the template in spring training either in 2022 or 23. Uni Watch did a big take out on it.

4 minutes ago, M59 said:

If you go to (probably)notabandwagonfan's post above, you can see it in the X post. Also, the Royals test drove the template in spring training either in 2022 or 23. Uni Watch did a big take out on it.

Right, but that is the replica jersey.

Also, i do not see any difference on that jersey compared to this year

28 minutes ago, adsarebad said:

Not sure if the Nike MLB template will follow the college template, but here's a few jerseys with the placket and stripes.

Personally I dont see it as narrow.

ap21129560532503.jpg

UF-TCU.jpg?h=c673cd1c&itok=mkYKMod-

• Like 1

The first time we saw a peak at Nike’s MLB template was with the Royals during Spring Training 2021:

blBDOSk.jpg

You can see the placket is closer to the neck, and there are inserts at the collar & at the end of the sleeves.

Later that year, the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Railriders appeared to use the same template:

D2LNALC.jpg

Both jerseys had perforated numbers:

SIurRkQ.jpg

HMfU2KJ.jpg

Then, the template was used for this past summer’s All-Star Game:

ZhBMIqd.jpg

It’s unclear whether next year’s template will keep the collar and sleeve inserts, as the Rangers’ jersey doesn’t seem to, although that is a replica.

• Like 2

One positive we have for the new Nike replicas is that the ASG jerseys did have numbers on the front, unlike the Majestic and Nike replicas of the past decade or so. You had teams like the Dodgers sold without front numbers and you had to pay extra for the authentic to get the number. Hopefully this remains the case with team replicas in 2024 and wasn’t just a ASG thing.

spacer.png

• Like 2

I also just remembered the O's could end up with a busy jersey next year. 2024 is going to be another "anniversary season", so assuming they make and place a logo on the sleeve, I fear the state flag roundel will go away for just next season to make room for the 70-seasons logo since the opposite sleeve is going to be blank or filled in by a sponsor come Opening Day. I can't see a situation where they force the anniversary logo on the chest during the regular season to keep the roundel where it is.

Ihmgl03.pngVZ6sbGD.png

4 hours ago, seasaltvanilla said:

I couldn't help thinking during the World Series that the Diamondbacks should flip the red and black on their wordmark and back numbers. It feels more southwestern to me.

5DDZgE3.png

I certainly hope that with whatever they do/have done with their brand refresh that they unify the forms of the glyphs themselves. Either match the numbers to the letters (that's what I'd prefer—and I actually took a stab at that once) or the letters to the numbers.  

• Like 3

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

On 11/3/2023 at 9:12 PM, MJD7 said:

The first time we saw a peak at Nike’s MLB template was with the Royals during Spring Training 2021:

You can see the placket is closer to the neck, and there are inserts at the collar & at the end of the sleeves.

Later that year, the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Railriders appeared to use the same template:

Both jerseys had perforated numbers:

Then, the template was used for this past summer’s All-Star Game:

ZhBMIqd.jpg

It’s unclear whether next year’s template will keep the collar and sleeve inserts, as the Rangers’ jersey doesn’t seem to, although that is a replica.

Right... i wonder if the players then this year went up a size, if as you say, the jerseys are smaller.

-

I tried to check game worns for that game to see what size they picked.... but not a single result came up

https://www.google.com/search?q=2023+mlb+all+star+game+worn+jersey&tbm=isch&ved=2ahUKEwiS1d6wsKyCAxV8JhAIHV3jC2QQ2-cCegQIABAA&oq=2023+mlb+all+star+game+worn+jersey&gs_lcp=CgNpbWcQA1CgD1ioFWCFGWgAcAB4AIABmAGIAa0CkgEDMi4xmAEAoAEBqgELZ3dzLXdpei1pbWfAAQE&sclient=img&ei=0ElHZZKtNvzMwPAP3cavoAY&bih=431&biw=877#imgrc=FcC9aXqJA-zQzM

Unlike 2022, where there are plenty for sale........ this is strange!

https://www.google.com/search?q=2022+mlb+all+star+game+worn+jersey&tbm=isch&ved=2ahUKEwjrp7u0sKyCAxV6PhAIHS-RD5gQ2-cCegQIABAA&oq=2022+mlb+all+star+game+worn+jersey&gs_lcp=CgNpbWcQA1DoCFiBDGDoD2gAcAB4AIABcYgB_QGSAQMyLjGYAQCgAQGqAQtnd3Mtd2l6LWltZ8ABAQ&sclient=img&ei=2ElHZevbKvr8wPAPr6K-wAk&bih=431&biw=877

there is not a single game worn for sale, only autografed.

Nike will not allow the game used to be sold? weird.

https://www.google.com/search?q=2023+mlb+all+star+game+worn+jersey&source=lmns&bih=431&biw=877&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjp_9G8sayCAxV8JhAIHV3jC2QQ0pQJKAB6BAgBEAI