MLB 2024 Uniform/Logo Changes

TrueYankee26

3 minutes ago, dgthree said:

I think the DET190135456884 being designed as "vin id" is cool. The rest is expected/lame. 

I will give them credit for that. The overall design is not good. But I guess I'm too much of a fuddy duddy/traditionalist to like any of these City Connect jerseys - I have the same issue with most of the NBA jersey equivalents.

pants remind me of Han Solo's, the jersey typeface is ok, the cap is less than stellar ( what was so hard about a D in that font?) The rest is very yugo like 

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

28 minutes ago, colinturner95 said:

667.png?imageOpt=1&crop=2567,1634,x0,y0

I don't hate it? Like I feel like I should but this is oddly nice

I absolutely love these. But would’ve been much nicer if we got blue cap with a old English D

• Like 4
  • Eyeroll 1

28 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

I'd like to put them in a vacuum and leave them there. 

I was thinking they'd jam the bleep out of my vacuum.

• Like 2

It's where I sit.

What I don't understand with this City Connect program is there's an opportunity to really let some colors pop, but Nike seems insistent on using deep colors and/or black. It's fun when you use a dark base and then let brighter colors pop as trim, NOB, etc., but it's a bit overkill at this point. 

This was an opportunity for the Tigers to have some splashes of orange in a third jersey, and instead they unveiled something I wouldn't be motivated to wear in the slightest. Plus, this whole double-bar stripe suddenly becoming a universal Detroit-stripe, across the NBA, NFL, and MLB, is kind of weird. I don't particularly like the motif but it shows up over and over again -- it even used to be a pretty common thing on these boards, so it's weird seeing it actually applied by Nike in multiple instances. 

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

What I don't understand with this City Connect program is there's an opportunity to really let some colors pop, but Nike seems insistent on using deep colors and/or black. It's fun when you use a dark base and then let brighter colors pop as trim, NOB, etc., but it's a bit overkill at this point. 

This was an opportunity for the Tigers to have some splashes of orange in a third jersey, and instead they unveiled something I wouldn't be motivated to wear in the slightest. Plus, this whole double-bar stripe suddenly becoming a universal Detroit-stripe, across the NBA, NFL, and MLB, is kind of weird. I don't particularly like the motif but it shows up over and over again -- it even used to be a pretty common thing on these boards, so it's weird seeing it actually applied by Nike in multiple instances. 

Agree, should be orange somewhere..... and how can you not somehow incorporate  the much underused Tiger logo we see here on sportslogos.

At least put that tiger on the hat!  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WBeltz said:

I am going to say in a vacuum it looks nice. I think we'll need to see it on field to actually get a good idea, but it's not terrible. I'd say above Cincy's for sure. But could've been better.

I feel like if the NFL sold these with a lions logo on the sleeve people would be talking about hos cool these look. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, gosioux76 said:

I'd like to put them in a vacuum and leave them there. 

I don't even think my Dyson sucks as much as these do.

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's because of fashion. The City Connect program is trying to get jerseys and other products to sell and I would think people are more than likely going to pair the more tame neutral colors with their jeans, jackets, etc.. Colors like navy, black, and grey can pair better with everyday clothing than something as vibrant as orange, pink, or neon green. Not speaking for everyone... just maybe the general public.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1