New team in a-league soccer

Lee.

I found everything through the Our Sports Central site...head on over, and go to the bottom of the main page for "New Teams".

The urinal cake sig is from the Simpsons episode where Homer puts all of his money into stocks for a company that does motion-capture computer animation.  He does a demonstration of the suit, then forgets to take it off when he goes to the bathroom.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Is Puerto Rico the next great untapped sports market. After the Expos experiment, now the A-League soccer franchise. What are the facillities like in San Juan? I always thought that basketball on some level could thrive there?

The CBA tried in 83/84 and 84/85 with the Coquis de Puerto Rico.  But, like most CBA franchises during that period, they couldn't draw support and folded up.

The International League had a team there in 1961 (San Juan Marlins) that was the AAA affiliate of the Cardinals.

Are you saying that there is nothing in the logo that represents Puerto Rico? The flag for the island is on the bottom half of the logo.

If I misunderstood, I apologize.

No, I caught the flag.  But the logo itself seems pretty sterile...it's nicely done, but it's as if it was a logo ready to go, just plop in a couple of items and we're done for the next team, if you can dig what I'm saying.

It just seems so.....vague.  There's nothing really, besides the flag, design-wise that would make me immediately think "Puerto Rico" or "Islanders". That's my beef.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Yeah, it seems like it could've been done using a simple piece of software.

Select Name: Puerto Rico Islanders

Select Flag: Puerto Rico

Select Sport: Soccer

Select Motif: Shield

Please wait while the AutoLogo generator processes your request...

Finished!

82.gif

Would you like to Start Over? No

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Yeah, it seems like it could've been done using a simple piece of software.

Select Name: Puerto Rico Islanders

Select Flag: Puerto Rico

Select Sport: Soccer

Select Motif: Shield

Please wait while the AutoLogo generator processes your request...

Finished!

82.gif

Would you like to Start Over? No

so where can I get this program?  :laugh:

Doh!

Thats funny, Sy.. lol

awesome.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Archived