Jamie McLennan meet Chris Simon

NJTank

There's a reason it didn't hurt Franzen. Because it wasn't very hard.

But it was a fracking goalie stick! it has to hurt...

actually it prolly didn't hurt because like you said it wasn't very hard and it was with the paddle open to the body if it was with the goalie paddle linear and not wide it would've hurt a lot more... atleast STL has some sense in this matter

spacer.png

atleast STL has some sense in this matter

Probably because McLennan is a former Blues goalie...

It's not about the severity of the blow, it's about the principal. It was a cheap shot by a player who just entered the game for the first time 18 seconds prior. McLennan should have gotten more games, or a heftier fine.

atleast STL has some sense in this matter

Probably because McLennan is a former Blues goalie...

It's not about the severity of the blow, it's about the principal. It was a cheap shot by a player who just entered the game for the first time 18 seconds prior. McLennan should have gotten more games, or a heftier fine.

I do really love Jamie actually...but, that's really not part of the equation here.

I don't think when he entered the game should matter for his suspension. If you think he was sent in just to do that, then you punish the coach and the team (which did happen to a small extent).

As for it being a cheap shot. It was, but there are severities of cheap shots. He slashed his legs (which honestly happens ALL THE TIME, though this was more deliberate), and he took a swing at his gut. But that swing wasn't hard. It's cheap in that it's breaking the rules, and had SOME intent to hurt. But he didn't swing hard. He just didn't.

I know it doesn't accomplish much to suspend a backup goalie, but you can only take that into account so much, and the truth, is five games is a pretty solid suspension for this incident.

Simon got 20 games for the following

- Repeat offender

- Hit to the head

Jamie McLennan

- First time offender (i believe)

- Not a hit to the head

That's how the NHL does things, honestly a five game suspension (during the playoffs - NHL considers 1 playoff game = 2 regular season games) is pretty high based on their past punishments

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Simon got 20 games for the following

- Repeat offender

- Hit to the head

Jamie McLennan

- First time offender (i believe)

- Not a hit to the head

That's how the NHL does things, honestly a five game suspension (during the playoffs - NHL considers 1 playoff game = 2 regular season games) is pretty high based on their past punishments

Maybe the fine should have been higher then since McLennan is a back up goalie.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived