Ga Tech Batting Helmets

Way off-topic here, but, does this happen in a lot of Major League cities? The Huskies are playing Oregon State at Safeco next Friday and I'm wondering if other colleges take advantage of the big boys being on the road and play a game or two in the stadiums?

Lafayette and Lehigh played each other at Citizens Bank Park earlier in April. Pretty strange, considering the schools are a good 60-90 minutes north of Philadelphia.

You'd rather they play at Lackawanna County Stadium in bucolic Moosic, PA? :P

There's a good deal of alums from both schools in the area, with a strong mutual distaste for the other. It's the closest MLB park around. It's not terribly illogical IMO...

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Way off-topic here, but, does this happen in a lot of Major League cities? The Huskies are playing Oregon State at Safeco next Friday and I'm wondering if other colleges take advantage of the big boys being on the road and play a game or two in the stadiums?

Lafayette and Lehigh played each other at Citizens Bank Park earlier in April. Pretty strange, considering the schools are a good 60-90 minutes north of Philadelphia.

The annual Baseball Beanpot takes place at Fenway Park. Its BC, Northeastern, Harvard, and UMass (though this year Holy Cross played in the final round due to a conflict). BU used to play, but then dropped baseball (many will argue this was due to the hockey violations that occurred...)

Its funny because Northeastern is closer to Fenway then to Parson's Field, where they call home.

You'd rather they play at Lackawanna County Stadium in bucolic Moosic, PA? :P

There's a good deal of alums from both schools in the area, with a strong mutual distaste for the other. It's the closest MLB park around. It's not terribly illogical IMO...

The Lafayette-Lehigh game was the championship game of the Liberty Bell Classic, a tournament involving a number of Philadelphia area teams (for example, Penn, Villanova, Temple, IIRC). I believe the early rounds of the tournament are played at campus sites, with the championship game being played at Citizens Bank Park.

Phillies -- Liberty Bell Classic

Vitamin D, you forgot the other option. Starting next year, Lafayette and Lehigh can square off at Coca-Cola Park, the new home of the Lehigh Valley Iron Pigs.

P.S. Those Georgia Tech helmets are heinous. I'm not sure that another color combination could save them, but gold with a weird cream-colored insert just isn't cutting it.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Archived