NCAA Lax Tourny Thread

RyanMcD29

Hopkins vs. Delaware? Yawn.

Duke vs. Cornell? WOW!!!

Duke vs. Hopkins? DOUBLE WOW!!!

I'm sure there are not that many lacrosse fans out there, but anybody who watched the two Duke games over the weekend saw two absolute classics. That being said, it is good to see the championship back in its "home state" again.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I would have liked to see the Blue Devils win it because I can't stand the Bluejays. If you couldn't notice during the game, it was 10-4 at half and Duke made a comeback. Each time about Duke would score the John Hopkins goalie had something to complain about to the Ref. Talk about a kiss a$$!

coziv2copyzt7.jpg

That second half comeback was something else wasn't it? I think if Dankowski was more involved in the first half Duke probably would have pulled out the W.

Was anyone else sick of hearing about Duke's day off on Sunday by the end of the game?

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

Was anyone else sick of hearing about Duke's day off on Sunday by the end of the game?

Count me in, too. Maybe it's because I'm not particularly fond of Duke basketball, but I had a hard time being swept up in all of the "redemption" and "triumph" angles about Duke lacrosse (even though there is some validity to them).

By the way, someone mentioned Schwartzman complaining about calls earlier. I would be curious to know what John Danowski was saying immediately after the game ended. He may have just been shouting to be heard above the crowd noise, but he sure looked as if he was yelling about something.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I went to the Northwestern / Penn Women's Semi-Final game on Friday night at Franklin Field. That was... well... boring. I was going to stay for the UVA / Duke game, but I didn't want to get in at 11:30 since I was taking SchlEPTA home. That was a mistake (UVA scored 5 unanswered goals in the last seven minutes to win 14-13).

I watched the final on TV, and Northwestern looked like they were going to cruise again, but Virginia made a game out of it and the Wildcats held onto a 14-13 win for their third national championship in a row.

Tell you what... if nothing else, the girls were cute.

philly.png

Archived