Bat-Boy/Ball-Boy styles

nybatt

St. Lucie Mets(A - Florida State League) wear just the number with no name, likethe players. But I found it odd that they were wearing 3 and 9. I was suprised that no players wanted either of those low numbers.

- And no that is not cool she looks like she is 16. YOU Sick Pedophile.

PNC Park has uniformed bat/ball boys. Socks over pants and team jackets avalible when it rains or if its old. They dont have numbers or names. {But some camera men wear jerseys that say "Camera Man". Dont ask me}

weird. wouldn't, you know, being seen operating the TV camera be indication enough? :blink:

I do believe that's more for the security staff's benefit, so they know at a glance who is supposed to be near the very expensive and surprisingly fragile equipment.

No, it's for exactly the same reason that law-enforcement officers conducting surprise raids wear clothes with "POLICE" or "FBI" emblazoned on the back -- it's so that their comrades don't shoot them. Cameramen used to shoot other cameramen all the time. You'd see crowd-reaction shots, or slo-mo replays of foul balls caught up against the wall, and there would be an unsuspecting other cameraman in the middle of the frame.

But with the easy-to-read "CAMERAMAN" on the back of each cameraman's shirt, cameramen can now easily avoid shooting film of other cameramen.

:blink:

But wouldn't the CAMERA on their shoulders give other camera men enough of an indication NOT to shoot them?

Archived