Toronto Blue Jays Concept

Audiodrama

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love the numbers and the wordmark but I don't like the cap logo and don't like the piping.

The cap logo has no light blue in it. Meanwhile, the cap has black, but the uniforms have no black it it. Lastly, the Stamford/Villanova type face style (which should be kept) is kind of a poor fit to the current Blue Jay logo.

I recommend trying to redo the logo with the 1997 to 2000 bird head used on the 1970's and 1980's logos baseball and maple leaf (which has horizontal seams as opposed to your new logo's vertical seams). The 1997 bird is more modern than the original one, but not too different as to clash with the old school look of your jersey. If you are interested, I kind of already have the idea in my head. I don't want to threadjack but your logo has inspired me. Let me know if you want to see what I'm trying to explain in words here.

As for the piping, less may be more. Eliminating it all together would allow the eye to focus on the uniqueness of the jersey's typeface. Another option would be the SF Giant style piping, but in dark blue/light blue/dark blue. This would match with the look of the typeface but would be limited to the neck and sleeves, avoiding clutter.

As promised, here come the uniforms...

This is my first draft of the home set. Please give a little C&C on these, so I can adjust and not make the same mistakes on the aways and alternates. Thanks!

jaysunis_home.jpg

(I'd originally thought of placing the hat logo where the front number is, as an homage to the classic uni set. Still unsure of what looks better.)

I like the jerseys but the logo looks too much like the yankees logo and if your a blue jays fan you know how much blue jays fans hate the yankees

It doesnt look anything like the Yanks logo. I dont see where your coming from with that one...

Archived