Toronto Blue Jays Concept

Audiodrama

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

(e) No part of the uniform shall include a pattern that imitates or suggests the shape of a baseball.

I would have to say that this would include the cap.

See, that's what I thought. But check out the Giants' sleeve patch, which has the wordmark written over a baseball. The old Twins' patch (when they first went to the "M" caps in the late '80s) also had a baseball beneath the wordmark IIRC. Maybe it's a rule they ignore when they feel like it, then enforce it selectively - because I don't ever remember a team wearing a baseball on the cap.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I think that rule is more or less there but not enforced. Kind of like the "no fraternization" rule. I thought I've red somewhere that the Brewers ball-in-glove logo was challenged because it had a depiction of a baseball. I could be wrong, but the memory is there.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

controversy aside, the baseball does not speak in the same visual lagnuage the bird does. also if you have upward pointing stitches on one side of the ball, they should be downward pointing on the other side because it's one continuous line of stitching.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Lose the baseball on the hats and the gradient on the maple leaf/black part. BTW, I like the first rendition the best.

Didn't you also tack a red maple leaf onto YOUR Toronto Blue Jays concept, lil' one? And now you want to tell him to lose his, when, although it may not necessarily fit either way, he did a MUCH better job of integrating HIS maple leaf into HIS logo than YOU did with simply TACKING a maple leaf onto YOURS?

Take some time to think about that...let it sink in and marinate.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Lose the baseball on the hats and the gradient on the maple leaf/black part. BTW, I like the first rendition the best.

Didn't you also tack a red maple leaf onto YOUR Toronto Blue Jays concept, lil' one? And now you want to tell him to lose his, when, although it may not necessarily fit either way, he did a MUCH better job of integrating HIS maple leaf into HIS logo than YOU did with simply TACKING a maple leaf onto YOURS?

Don't worry about it...it's not like I'm actually taking the boy's advice on a concept.

Don't worry about it...it's not like I'm actually taking the boy's advice on a concept.

Ha ! So true.... funny how he's giving advice when takes none...

Anyways the concept its good, but I think it would look more good with out the baseball cap imo. Maybe add the leaf into the Blue Jay logo. I duno really just my 2 cents lol.

4kv29i.jpg

Here's a quick preview of the away hat...

jayshat_real.jpg

Most likely my last update until Monday...please keep giving C&C though, I'm always reading and making changes! (I might release the entire away uniform set on Monday, depending how things go.) Thanks for the responses so far, keep 'em comin!!

VERY NICE! Just one suggestion. Did you consider making the stitching sideways instead of up and down?

"Cat Eyes" - Josh

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

Quick update...

I'm making a few changes to the stitching, and I will be trying the logo with the red outline instead of the black-to-red gradient. Should have some updates tomorrow along with, hopefully, a preview of one of the jerseys.

Stay tuned!

Definitely at that white outline. It just ends at the leaf unnaturally.

I think that red outline is a little overpowering. It may be a little too thick. I'm not much of a fan of the blue circle as well. I think the white/clear background with "Toronto Blue Jays" surrounding it was better.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

I really, really love your final update. I would buy that on a cap immediately if the Jays switched to that (and I favor the ball remaining on the cap, like the old days), even though I'm a Reds fan with few ties to the Blue Jays.

Archived