Blue Jays ALT logo

GypsyHunter

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back on topic: If you're using photoshop, there's somewhat of a simple way of going about this. Sketch it out first...yes, with paper and pencil. The best advice I can give anyone is to sit down and draw before they do anything. It makes things so much easier. Once you're satisfied with your drawing, clean it up and scan it into Photoshop to add color.

Thank you, I tried that for a few concepts that I scrapped already. But the original drawing does it have to be almost exact? and How would I go about putting the IMG in photoshop and working on it from there?

Korbyn, WTF? At least have the decency to cheer for the Sens, Red Wings, or even the fricken Sabres.

Now I believe that people have every right to root for any team they want, regardless of location. You, however, have forfeited that right by a show of extreme ignorance regarding your real "home" team.

The Leafs have no history?

13 Stanley Cups, the most of any NHL team, save the Montréal Canadiens.

Won the first Stanley Cup of the NHL era, defeating the Vancouver Millionaires 3-2 in the 1917-18 Finals.

The first team of the NHL era to win three straight Stanley Cups.

Darryl Sittler, the Leafs' all-time leading scorer, holds the record for most points scored in one game. He netted six goals and four assists for a total of ten points on February 7, 1976 against the Boston Bruins.

The Leafs have the most decorated history of any hockey team in the world, save the Habs.

So unless you're a Montréal Canadiens fans, you really can't comment on the Leafs history.

So take your one controversy-surrounded Cup win, and do some research on a team before you start the trash talk. Trust me, you won't look like such an ignorant jack-a$$ next time.

Sorry. I'm a little bitter from back when I got stoned to death for using a black leaf. My impression was that Canadians only like red leafs.

Canadian flag, 1921-1957.

The reason people jumped on you for using a black leaf was because like a black flower a black leaf symbolizes death.

One of the big troubles Im having is creating a logo, and then polsihing it so it looks like a real logo. I have drawn out a completely new design that looks interesting, but I am having a very hard time vectoring, plishing and just getting it to be "good". Any tips? tuts? or examples would help me out.

You just have to concentrate REALLLLY HARD. And pay attention to every little :censored: detail.

You know, that's actually a good piece of advice. To bad it comes from someone who doesn't take it.

GH, as for the concept, It's getting better. You have the right idea for both versions. The first, using the "T" makes more sense then the actual "J" they use. If you decide to stay with the letter, I would try a different font. The "T" you used it to close to the current font, which is one of my main gripes with the Jays' current look.

The version with the leaf is much better, but I would try to "merge" the leaf to the jay. As it is now you just have them next to each other. I would try to merge them, so the transition from the jay to leaf looks a little more seamless.

Regarding the design, I just don't feel the whole 'birds head coming out of a letter' idea. The Blue Jays were much cooler when they had the cool old logo you can see in my sigs.

Regarding the Stars vs. The Leafs, I would suggest looking up the 1942 Stanley Cup. Now there's history. And that's just one Stanley Cup win. I don't think they won game seven with a foot in the crease either *wink*

Regarding the Stars vs. The Leafs, I would suggest looking up the 1942 Stanley Cup. Now there's history. And that's just one Stanley Cup win. I don't think they won game seven with a foot in the crease either *wink*

Yep ;) Down 0-3, only to win it all in game seven. If that's not Hollywood-worthy I don't know what is.

Korbyn, WTF? At least have the decency to cheer for the Sens, Red Wings, or even the fricken Sabres.

Now I believe that people have every right to root for any team they want, regardless of location. You, however, have forfeited that right by a show of extreme ignorance regarding your real "home" team.

The Leafs have no history?

13 Stanley Cups, the most of any NHL team, save the Montréal Canadiens.

Won the first Stanley Cup of the NHL era, defeating the Vancouver Millionaires 3-2 in the 1917-18 Finals.

The first team of the NHL era to win three straight Stanley Cups.

Darryl Sittler, the Leafs' all-time leading scorer, holds the record for most points scored in one game. He netted six goals and four assists for a total of ten points on February 7, 1976 against the Boston Bruins.

The Leafs have the most decorated history of any hockey team in the world, save the Habs.

So unless you're a Montréal Canadiens fans, you really can't comment on the Leafs history.

So take your one controversy-surrounded Cup win, and do some research on a team before you start the trash talk. Trust me, you won't look like such an ignorant jack-a$$ next time.

Now thats what Im talkin' about!

don't make me graveyard this.

and don't make me defend my beloved dallas stars from both a stars fan AND a leafs fan.

(the stars are awesome, but they started in 1967. same team. don't make me rant about it. :))

don't judge all stars fans by the douchey ones.

and for god's sake don't start an argument about leafs/stars in a freaking blue jays logo concept thread. wrong place. christ. is the internet that difficult?

don't judge all stars fans by the douchey ones.

EXCUSE ME!?

perhaps my words were too harsh... but from the way i see it, you were the aggressor. you instigated an offtopic argument in a logo concept thread.... and then made my favorite team look bad by making "unless your team wins, it's not worth cheering for" arguments.

i really do not want to graveyard this logo thread because you and pritch gunked it all up. please drop the argument now, and get back on topic.

Anyway this thread has been totally highjacked soo I am going to get it back on track.

I did these while everyone was arguing about the leafs.

Jays77713.png

OH and just just soo everyone knows...if the penguins dont win the cup this year...it will be THE LEAFS :flagcanada: (unless they have no players like the past to years cause everyone keeps getting injured) :cursing:

"Cat Eyes" - Josh

(Just so I dont get yelled at...that maple leaf is the raptors one...cause I am not good enough to make my own)

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

Archived