Rookie Designer

Icebreaker

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
These are great, Icebreaker. It takes me back to when I'd buy large pads of newsprint and just drew players and logos I liked (and Scotty Pippen always being the victim of a dunk :D ). One of the things that really stands out to me is the use of color. Whether he knows it or not, your son has tremendous understanding of color combinations. Hell, I'm a senior in college, and I've seen my share of projects from college kids that simply don't demonstrate any sort of knowledge of how colors work. The uniforms themselves are impressive as well, as none of them simply follow a current NHL team's pattern, recolored for convenience. Heck, concepts on this board do that all the time.

I'm assuming you're saving all of these for him, correct?

Thanks for your comments, Shum. Yes, I'm saving these, together with feedback.

We talked about his red and green on the cyclones, and i gave him some of the history of the combination in sports.

I just noticed on the Moonlight that the away wasn't white. I'm lovin that, and the two shades of red really work with the blue.

His inspiration for the moonlight colors was a can of cherry chocolate diet dr. pepper: red, brown and silver. the blue was the closest he had to silver, and the darker red is really a brown. He admits to me that he didn't have a plan or a name when he started the logo, and when it looked like a moon, he thought of the name. Funny.

Archived