Replica Hockey jerseys

dustyb58

I've noticed that when I go look for replica jerseys (especially Detroit, in the area), the name lettering on the jerseys is different. It's similar, and still arched, but different. Almost... thicker. I can notice the change when I go in a store. When I asked someone who worked at the shop I was looking at, he had no clue and said the one I had "they used like 10 years ago." I bought a Datsyuk jersey two years ago and to me it looks just like the lettering that is on official game used jerseys. I saw the "new" lettering before they even announced these Edge jerseys, so I don't think that has anything to do with it, and I am just wondering what's going on.

I'm picky about my jerseys so if it doesn't look right to me, I don't want it.

The Wings use different jerseys during training camp and preseason, but there is no arched lettering on those.

anyway, see if you can tell the difference

The ones on the left I consider to be "real", and the ones on the right are what I've been seeing more of lately.

SIG.png

I live in the Metro Detroit area and ive noticed this problem when looking at Wings jerseys in Dick's, Dunhams, and other stores where they coem from i think liek CCM already liek that. One major difference i coudl tell was that they have a nameplate, which the Wings do not use. and also the gap between the number and the name is fairly larger. I have a FDatsyuk jersey and it looks pretty close to the real thing without being a true athentic. I think the best place to buy jerseys from where i am from or have one customized is Toms Collectables in Southland Mall. I plan on buying a couple blank wings jerseys at my local Dunhams since ther on sale for 40 bucks and taken them to toms to get names put on for like 30 bucks. So now i can have a Zetterberg, Filippula, and either Lidstrom, Yzerman, or Hasek.

I think the best place to buy jerseys from where i am from or have one customized is Toms Collectables in Southland Mall. I plan on buying a couple blank wings jerseys at my local Dunhams since ther on sale for 40 bucks and taken them to toms to get names put on for like 30 bucks. So now i can have a Zetterberg, Filippula, and either Lidstrom, Yzerman, or Hasek.

That's where I bought my Datsyuk jersey. Aside from it being slightly crooked, it looks fine.

I'll have to check Dunham's... I went to Dick's across the street from Southland a week or so ago and they didn't have blank jerseys. Just the weird looking ones of Dats, Zetterberg and Bertuzzi - and none of them were even on sale.

SIG.png

Nice to see a couple more Downriver folks on here. The Zetterberg jersey looks reasonbly well done, except the spacing between letters is way too close. The jerseys at Dunham's all have nameplates, and we all know the Wings only use nameplates in the preseason. The Wings lettering is all done through Eastside with Stahl's product, so getting a well done customizing job would be fairly simple.

"Hats for bats. Keep bats warm. Gracias"

Dunhams has the Wing's jerseys on sale? Getting rid of the old stock in preparation for the new, eh? I'm in Dearborn, not far from the new store they just opened in Allen Park. I'll have to stop in there.

Archived