[HOCKEY] Canada/Russia Superseries Jerseys

Frankie

Just flipped on Game 7 from Red Deer ... Canada is wearing their black Nike Swifts with black socks. All the Canadian players have "CANADA" on the nameplates as well.

Right as you posted this I just noticed the nameplates. WTF?! I know they had em on the '72 jerseys, but why the current ones?

Probably another tribute to the '72 team, but I'm thinking ? and this is purely speculative ? they may have done up the black jerseys on short notice to change it up in head coach Brent Sutter's home rink.

Just flipped on Game 7 from Red Deer ... Canada is wearing their black Nike Swifts with black socks. All the Canadian players have "CANADA" on the nameplates as well.

Right as you posted this I just noticed the nameplates. WTF?! I know they had em on the '72 jerseys, but why the current ones?

Not sure why they're doing it now and not other times, but the reasoning behind having CANADA on the nameplate is because the team is more important than the individual. Judging by the way Canada is playing this series, I'd say they're getting the message.

Archived