Project for school

kewp80

I like the colors - I've seen that treatment for an eye very often, so I'm not sure how I feel about it. The type needs help. You've squashed 'graphic' between picker and design as if it doesn't matter, which it almost doesn't. You need to explore the hierarchy of the type and reorganize based on that hierarchy. I'd also suggest not using a freeware typeface, which seems like this may be.

OD_Signature.jpg

Hey Kewp80:

I recently posted ideas for a logo design for a company that serves the optometry space. One of my designs looked similar to your second-to-last concept, which I think says a good bit about the difficulty of using an eye in any form of logo. People have been drawing eyes for millenia, and it's going to be relatively hard for anyone to come up with something completely new.

It's too bad that a kid with his finger up his nose would be too unprofessional; that's what picker says to me ;)

If you're going to name the company after yourself, I'd suggest something along the lines of a pure wordmark or something revolving around the letter P. If that doesn't do, think about objects or colors that define yourself. What is your favorite soft drink (or beer), or sports team or whatever. Take a few cues from things you enjoy and use that. If you're going to promote yourself as a graphic designer, take a look at elements about you that would make someone want to hire you specifically.

-Albert

jeffsig.gif

glgsig.gif

Personally I like that very last one with the sun. If you made the bottom and top of the eyelids more like the ones you had in your second to last concept (the more rounded, not squared ones) and have the sun on top of that I think it'd be really cool.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Archived