Sports Video Games

swilson160

The only sports games I enjoy are pretty much EA Sports, however I do not like their product as much as I used to, and I haven't played a sports video game (other than N64 games) for about a year and a half. With that said:

Basketball

NBA Live 2003 - Played the hell out of this. I played three full 82 seasons and would play until it would get dark when I was in 8th grade.

NBA Live '95 - Fun game. I remember the funky music in the selection screens and the way the court was set up. Not really straight on, rather diagonally. I played this game some time last year, and it was still fun.

NBA Live 2002 - Last NBA Live game before the game became really revamped and different (see 2003, then 2004 and beyond.) Still a cool game though, just not as fun as 2003.

NBA Bulls vs. Lakers and the NBA Playoffs - That game was fun back in the early 90's. I remember playing my older cousins when I was about six years old. Good nostalgia, that game.

Football

Madden 2004 - Played this game like no other. Won the Super Bowl numerous times with the Browns, had a few undefeated seasons, and won about 71% of the games I played.

NFL '97 (I believe that was the name of it. It was for Sega Genesis.) - I played this game with my dad and it was a lot of fun. I remember the players would have one burst of speed, then would go back to their normal speed after the quick burst. Remembered so well because I got tackled at around the 20 yard line with no time left and I would have scored the game winning touchdown.

Hockey

NHL '94 - Come on, who doesn't enjoy this game.

NHL 2002 - This game was the first IMO to change how the NHL series was. I never really played 2001, but each game after 2002 seems to be somewhat based off it.

Baseball

Ken Griffey Baseball for N64 - "Call me, call me, call me Junior. Call me, call me, call me, Junior." This game was awesome. I remember some kid telling me in 4th grade how he was undefeated in his season when we were talking about video games. I was thinking, "Yeah, I'd be undefeated too if I shut off the console whenever I was about to lose." This is the only sports game I play nowadays.

MVP Baseball 2003-05 - Online play was awesome, and this game was the first real baseball game in my opinion as far as graphics go.

Soccer

World Championship Soccer '94 for Super Nintendo - I used to play this game with my dad as well, and I busted it out last year. It is awesome. So simple, but sometimes simple is better.

I Love EA Sports. Tell you the truth, that's all I buy pretty much. They seem so much better than other game makers IMO.

Triple Play BAseball series was always my favorite, but I like MVP Baseball as well, I just wish they still made MLB!

Madden: 10x better than any other Football Video Game.

I have NBA Live 03-07 and all of them say #1 selling Pro Basketball Franchise, that's enough to keep me hooked.

NCAA March Madness has always been EA Sports' weekeness IMO, that's probably their only weak point.

I used to like everything EA but then I started to like other companies games better. I thought that Madden 2003 was great because you could unlock Barry Sanders and John Elway. Madden 2004 was ok but I haven't really liked one since. I got ESPN NFL 2K5 the next year and I felt that it blew Madden 2005 away. Then after that I played Madden 06 but didn't really like it. I am still waiting to buy a 2K Sports pro football game.

I loved NHL 2001, 2002, and 2003 but there was something I didn't like about 2004. I got ESPN NHL 2K5 and I thought it was better than the EA games. I was a bit disappointed with NHL 2K7 and I think NHL 08 looks amazing so hopefully the series has gotten better. I never played NHL 07.

I did like EA Sport's MVP Baseball Series but we all know what happened.

HERE IS THE LIST OF ALL SPORTS GAME I HAVE OWNED SINCE 1987 and I want to know what you thinks.

BASEBALL

Great Baseball (SEGA MASTER SYSTEM, 1987)

RBI BASEBALL 94 (SEGA GENESIS, 1994)

ESPN BASEBALL TONIGHT (SEGA GENESIS, 1994)

TRIPLE PLAY BASEBALL GOLD EDITION (SEGA GENESIS 1998)

WORLD SERIES BASEBALL (SEGA DREAMCAST 2001)

MVP BASEBALL (PS2 2002-2005)

MLB (PS2 2006-2007) :D

FOOTBALL

Great Football (SEGA MASTER SYSTEM 1987)

Walter Payton Football (SEGA MASTER SYSTEM 1991)

NFL 94 (SEGA GENESIS)

NFL 98 (SEGA GENESIS )

NLF 2K1 (SEGA DREAMCAST 2001)

MADDEN (PS2 2001-2006)

MADDEN (PS3 2007)

BASKETBALL

Great Basketball (SEGA MASTER SYSTEM 1990)

College Slam (SEGA GENESIS 1996)

NBA LIVE 98 (SEGA GENESIS 1998)

NBA 2K1 (SEGA DREAMCAST 2001)

NBA LIVE (PS2 2002-2006)

NBA 2K7 (PS2 2006)

NBA LIVE 08 or NBA 2K8 (PS3 2007)

HOCKEY

Hit The Ice (SEGA GENESIS 1998)

NHL (PS2 2002-2006)

NHL 2K7 (PS2 2006)

NHL 08 or NHL 2K8 (PS3)

Ok my favs

Sega Genesis - NHL 94, NBA JAM: TE, World Series 95

Nintendo 64 - Wayne Gretzkeys 3D Hockey, NHL 99, NBA Live 2000, Madden 99, NFL Blitz, Ken Griffyes games

PS2 - Madden 2004, NHL 06, NFL Blitz 2004, MVP baseball series, I only had 2 basketball games, NBA Live 2002, and NBA JAM (2003)

XBOX360 - None yet, even tho I got some xbox games, All Star Baseball 05 is a fun game to play.

Gameboy/GBA - I cant think of any good sports game, I still cant beleive I wasted 20 bucks on mlb2k7 for it, its so awful.

Wrestling game - Genesis -WWF Raw, N64 - WWF No Mercy, PS2 - Smackdown: Here Comes The Pain XBOX360 - WWE Smackdown VS Raw 2007, GBA - WWE Survivor Series (Its decent at best)

Alright. I'll throw my digital hat into the ring.

Baseball: Ken Griffey Baseball (N64) , RBI Baseball, Triple Play/MVP series (PS2)

Football: Entire Madden Series(PS, PS2, Xbox, 360), NFL Blitz

Hockey: EA's NHL Series (Sega Saturn, PS, PS2, Xbox, 360), NHL Hitz (Xbox)

Basketball: NBA Jam (SNES), NBA Live (PS2, Xbox)

Soccer: Entire FIFA Series (Genesis, Sega Saturn, PS, PS2, GBA, Xbox, 360)

Wrestling: WWF No Mercy (N64)

K i know this isn't a sports game but oh well, I've been playing it again lately... Paperboy, and Paperboy 2... Just plain fun.

Archived