Feb. 2004 webdav identity & naming challenge

webdav

Another parallel to teams having the same name are:

Carolina Panthers (NFL)

Florida Panthers (NHL)

granted, they're not in the same sport. But they were both expansion teams and came out around the same time. I don't think the Kings would have - legally or otherwise - a beef with the Royals nickname.

Also, the Ottawa Senators carry the banners of the old Ottawa Senators teams, even though they're obviously not the "same" team. Same with the Washington Senators that resurrected themselves in DC before moving the second time.

This isn't the same, obviously. But there are plenty of parallels. The logos in this contest are so well done. But I especially like the Royals logo.

I think the key to any logo in this contest is the uniform that says "Brooklyn" on it. That uniform is going to sell like no other jersey in sports, hands down. I mean, I'm a Jerseyite and the ONLY reason I want this team to move is so they can sell those jerseys because I think - if done right - they'll be awesome. I think a retro jersey of the Royals - would be necessary. Look at those retro Nets jerseys that do well. Same deal here.

Anyway, great work again.

NCFA-FCS/CBB: Minnesota A&M | RANZBA (OOTP): Auckland Warriors | USA: Front Range United | IFA: Toverit Helsinki | FOBL: Kentucky Juggernaut

Minnesota A&M 2012 National Champions 2013 National Finalist, 2014 National Semi-finals 2012, 2013, 2014 Big 4 Conference Champions

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived