a little logo CnC

Vicious

ok, so i am starting to get into creating logos and whatnot, and i am partially familiar with illustrator. but i cannot seem to grasp the styles of professional looking logos.

heres what i have. i am trying to put together a football concept for a Washington eagles football team. here is the logo:

eagleproject.png

its kinda rough, but i want to make it look real good. it seems that the lines are just slapped on there, like i just sketched it up.

so here is my question: in what ways should i change this so it looks....better. like a real logo. if i can get some examples of what to do, maybe i can understand the technique maybe i can approach my logo designs another way.

if anyone wants to make diagrams of this concept, or totally make another one to show me what to do, i would really appreciate it.

thanks a lot,

Vicious

Picture21.png

Look at other cool logos and see what they have in common, and what you're missing. For starters, most good logos usually don't have a lot of thin black outlines as a drawing would. Imagine your logo stitched onto a polo shirt or cap.

Agreed, this has huge potential. I read in a thread somewhere in these boards that a big thing is shapes. Don't think of your logo as a bunch of lines with color filled in, think of your logo as shapes laying on top of one another. That's how I do my logos now. I'm not saying they are any good, but they are lots better than what they were.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

Your Eagle's head looks a little bit thin first of all. I cannot tell what the flaggish thing is doing there. I would also get rid of the logo because it doesn't really seem to be doing you any favors. I would also work on the colors. They are a little bright as far as the looks of most logos go. As has been said, your lines could also be a bit thicker. I like the script, though. This is an excellent start and judging by the looks of some of your signatures, this should come out excellently.

Your Eagle's head looks a little bit thin first of all. I cannot tell what the flaggish thing is doing there. I would also get rid of the logo because it doesn't really seem to be doing you any favors. I would also work on the colors. They are a little bright as far as the looks of most logos go. As has been said, your lines could also be a bit thicker. I like the script, though. This is an excellent start and judging by the looks of some of your signatures, this should come out excellently.

The flaggish thing is the Eagle wing... I really like that idea of the flag wing, I would just simplify it some... I think this can look really good..

StempSig.png

LeeStempniak.jpg

BluesJerseySig-1.gif

bloglogo.gif

Archived