Arizona Cardinals Concept

patsox

Alright, ps#1...

...see, my thing is this here: for a while you were showing some real promise. Your last two or three (or maybe even four) concepts--at least the last two or three (or four) prior to this one were starting to show some marked improvement, both in cleanliness and execution of thought. And, people were actually beginning to praise you for what seemed like a lil' bit of a come-uppance--hell, dare I say, a little bit of RESPECT.

Then you go and put up something like this.

C'mon, man...do you know there are people in this community (even though some might not admit and/or believe it) who are actually pulling for you to improve? And for a lil' while there I saw what I believed was a bit of an upturn for you. I was truly hoping that what I was seeing was in fact a sign of progress. You were actually taking steps...climbing the proverbial ladder. Hell, you probably even got about three or four rungs UP that ladder.

BUT...by posting this, you just knocked yourself right back off that ladder.

Firstly, to be perfectly honest with you, there is absolutely nothing "freshening" about featuring black prominently in the Cardinals' color scheme. (That's not just true of the Cards; it's true of damn near EVERY OTHER team out there, as well.) And I can't see a single thing about this concept that would even remotely trigger thoughts of originality/uniqueness, outside of the "freshening" attempt. And then, after seeing the last couple of your concepts looking much more cleaned up than we've been used to seeing, you're right back to the sloppiness that so many people ride you about--and it's for good reason.

Seriously, cat...take your TIME. Like I said, you WERE beginning to show promise...but you've higly disappointed me with this effort (nay--I say "lack of concerted" effort). I've seen you do better. I know you can do better. So let's see that next time, okay? That's all I ask.

Agreed with everything said here....I was impressed with the last few concepts you did. Even the last baseball one you did that some werent keen on, I thought it was ok!! But this is something I'd expect a 9 yr old to come up with. With crayons. You've shown you can do it then you....dont. And what REALLY p*sses me off is you ask for constructive advice on all your threads then when its someone elses, more often than not you give a 'useful' one line comment like 'I dont like this'. Im not gonna be on this board after today for a quite a while but when I come back I wanna see you've thrown out some top concepts cos believe it or not, I want to see you do that.

sigen.jpg

I never saw your black concept you took off of the thread, so I don't know how that was.

This is solid. I still like the old cards vs. the current cards. The red facemasks are a huge upgrade. The traditional look is good for a team that has (albeit in 3 cities) been around forever. I like your unwillingness to go mono/white on white.

The only thing I would change is that the pants should look like the old cardinals pants (two stripes) because a) I LOVED those pants and b ) it would do a better job of matching the sleeves.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived