Arizona Cardinals Concept

patsox

I like the idea behind these. Suggestions:

The red on the helmet doesn't match the red on the jerseys. Fix that.

Try different color pants--maybe red or white ones.

Sloppiness detracts, but you already know that, so there's really no point in saying it anymore.

This concept is truly miserable. It's sloppy, the colors don't match the logo and the black helmet is hideous and sloppy. Finally, the Cardinals primary color should NEVER be black! Their primary color has been 'Cardinal Red' since 1937 (thanks to SSUR for the info) and hopefully won't be changing anytime soon.

If you're going to continue to make concepts and clog up our board with crap like this, at least attempt to not do such a half-ass job on them.

*waits patiently for patsox to flip out and/or not take my advice*

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

SUPER-UGLY!!!

You what I should do with this concept..... BURN IT TO ASHES!!!!!

Besides, the team was originally named for the color of the the faded maroon uniforms Chris O'Brien bought from the University of Chicago in 1901.

Nowadays, they now have the head of a cardinal bird as its official logo (and its namesake).

YOZXkBG.png?1

Too much black. Seeing as how the cardinal is predominantly red, red should be used more than black in their unis. Black is fine for the helmet, but not for th entire uni. The Cards have used the white helmet w/ the cardinal logo since the 60s...too classic of a look to change. The uni design and piping is fine.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Alright, ps#1...

...see, my thing is this here: for a while you were showing some real promise. Your last two or three (or maybe even four) concepts--at least the last two or three (or four) prior to this one were starting to show some marked improvement, both in cleanliness and execution of thought. And, people were actually beginning to praise you for what seemed like a lil' bit of a come-uppance--hell, dare I say, a little bit of RESPECT.

Then you go and put up something like this.

C'mon, man...do you know there are people in this community (even though some might not admit and/or believe it) who are actually pulling for you to improve? And for a lil' while there I saw what I believed was a bit of an upturn for you. I was truly hoping that what I was seeing was in fact a sign of progress. You were actually taking steps...climbing the proverbial ladder. Hell, you probably even got about three or four rungs UP that ladder.

BUT...by posting this, you just knocked yourself right back off that ladder.

Firstly, to be perfectly honest with you, there is absolutely nothing "freshening" about featuring black prominently in the Cardinals' color scheme. (That's not just true of the Cards; it's true of damn near EVERY OTHER team out there, as well.) And I can't see a single thing about this concept that would even remotely trigger thoughts of originality/uniqueness, outside of the "freshening" attempt. And then, after seeing the last couple of your concepts looking much more cleaned up than we've been used to seeing, you're right back to the sloppiness that so many people ride you about--and it's for good reason.

Seriously, cat...take your TIME. Like I said, you WERE beginning to show promise...but you've higly disappointed me with this effort (nay--I say "lack of concerted" effort). I've seen you do better. I know you can do better. So let's see that next time, okay? That's all I ask.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Sleeve striping that shapes that way will not even be seen on a linesman's jersey. The thickest part needs to be on the outside of the sleeve so at least some is visible when they get cut down.

liverpool-1.png

Alright, ps#1...

...see, my thing is this here: for a while you were showing some real promise. Your last two or three (or maybe even four) concepts--at least the last two or three (or four) prior to this one were starting to show some marked improvement, both in cleanliness and execution of thought. And, people were actually beginning to praise you for what seemed like a lil' bit of a come-uppance--hell, dare I say, a little bit of RESPECT.

Then you go and put up something like this.

C'mon, man...do you know there are people in this community (even though some might not admit and/or believe it) who are actually pulling for you to improve? And for a lil' while there I saw what I believed was a bit of an upturn for you. I was truly hoping that what I was seeing was in fact a sign of progress. You were actually taking steps...climbing the proverbial ladder. Hell, you probably even got about three or four rungs UP that ladder.

BUT...by posting this, you just knocked yourself right back off that ladder.

Firstly, to be perfectly honest with you, there is absolutely nothing "freshening" about featuring black prominently in the Cardinals' color scheme. (That's not just true of the Cards; it's true of damn near EVERY OTHER team out there, as well.) And I can't see a single thing about this concept that would even remotely trigger thoughts of originality/uniqueness, outside of the "freshening" attempt. And then, after seeing the last couple of your concepts looking much more cleaned up than we've been used to seeing, you're right back to the sloppiness that so many people ride you about--and it's for good reason.

Seriously, cat...take your TIME. Like I said, you WERE beginning to show promise...but you've higly disappointed me with this effort (nay--I say "lack of concerted" effort). I've seen you do better. I know you can do better. So let's see that next time, okay? That's all I ask.

can i email this exact post to the patsox clones who redesigned the NHL? They and PS1 need to read this.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

This concept is truly miserable. It's sloppy, the colors don't match the logo and the black helmet is hideous and sloppy. Finally, the Cardinals primary color should NEVER be black! Their primary color has been 'Cardinal Red' since 1937 (thanks to SSUR for the info) and hopefully won't be changing anytime soon.

Check that again - the SSUR list goes back to 1920, and lists cardinal red as their primary color the entire time. In actuality, the history goes farther back than he records. It goes back to 1901, when the team bought used jerseys from the University of Chicago, jerseys which had faded from the university's maroon to cardinal red.

http://azcardinals.com/history/index.php

With over 100 years of history behind it, you need a substantive reason to change the color. Not just wanting to be "fresh and original" circa 1996.

Check that again - the SSUR list goes back to 1920, and lists cardinal red as their primary color the entire time. In actuality, the history goes farther back than he records. It goes back to 1901, when the team bought used jerseys from the University of Chicago, jerseys which had faded from the university's maroon to cardinal red.

http://azcardinals.com/history/index.php

With over 100 years of history behind it, you need a substantive reason to change the color. Not just wanting to be "fresh and original" circa 1996.

I like that you tried something new, but really, like everyone else, the black is just too much. If you do use black with the Cards, just a little bit here and there for piping. Good try!

L'etoile du nord

Archived