Home Run Derby

darkhaha

Please forgive me if there's already a thread on this; I keep on getting an error message when I try to do a search. Anyway, a few days ago I ordered a 1965-66 Broncos road jersey from Home Run Derby. They seem to have a lot of cool stuff and I'm really excited about the purchase, as they supposedly make the jersey out of the same durene fabric that was used back in the day.

My only concern is that they say it will be 12 weeks for delivery and they already charged my credit card. Now, I work in the consumer electronics biz, and on our online site we do an authorization on the credit card, but we don't actually charge it until we're getting ready to ship the product. Has anyone had any dealings with Home Run Derby before? Should I be worried?

1966BroncosMED.jpg64BearsBlasingamelowres-1.jpgKeyeReboundCloseJPG.jpgDUMagnuson.jpg

That does sound a little dodgy - they shouldn't charge you until they have the product in stock and ready to ship.

You're not talking about a custom order, are you? Because then it would be reasonable to charge your card once they start the work.

They said they created the Broncos home and away mid-sixties set back in 1999, so they have all the specs and everything. Since they don't offer them in stock now, though, I guess that would be considered a custom order. Thanks for the clarification, Gothamite.

1966BroncosMED.jpg64BearsBlasingamelowres-1.jpgKeyeReboundCloseJPG.jpgDUMagnuson.jpg

Dark, I really don't think you have anything to worry about- Terry does excellent work. Yes, it does sometimes take a little more time for his custom stuff, it will be worth the wait. He did a few jerseys for me years before I started lettering myself, and was always very true to his word.

"Hats for bats. Keep bats warm. Gracias"

Dark, I really don't think you have anything to worry about- Terry does excellent work. Yes, it does sometimes take a little more time for his custom stuff, it will be worth the wait. He did a few jerseys for me years before I started lettering myself, and was always very true to his word.

Thanks for the feedback. I have been impressed by his knowledge of the details; for instance, the "orange" the Broncos used back then was really closer to a red, which is what we're going with for the trim on this jersey. I've known about this place (H-R Derby) for a long time, but wasn't aware that they did the custom football stuff. Which is actually kind of dangerous, 'cause if I like this one I might just have to get a '65-66 Broncos home jersey, and a '66-67 Oilers set, and '64 Chargers road, and a ...

Archived