New PokerStars wordmark

Viper

PokerStars.net has been running ads during ESPN's World Series of Poker coverage, and tonight I noticed that they have updated their wordmark.

The most obvious change is the font; they went from Goudy to a sans-serif font that looks almost (but not quite) like Verdana or Tahoma. They also fixed what I've always thought was a glaring omission from their logo. You'd think that the logo for a site called PokerStars would have, you know, a star in it. But it didn't, at least not until now. They put a little white star in the middle of the spade symbol that stands in for the letter "o" in "Poker".

Unfortunately they kept the spade red, so the logo can still be mentioned in the same breath as the Jacksonville Jaguars (with the teal tongue) or the Calgary Flames home jersey logo (with the black flames), and other logos with miscolored elements.

CCSLC signature.png

Just went on Pokerstars.net and I haven't found any stars anywhere. Would you mind adding a pic?

I saw this on their TV commercial tonight. It may or may not be on their Web site.

Update: It's not on their .net site, but it is most definitely on their .com site.

CCSLC signature.png

Archived