Parrot logo

Eye

I'm trying to get into some more original work of mine and drew this logo. It is supposed to be a parrot. I will work on colors later, but right now I am more worried about definition, like does the body, wings, feet, head look ok. Is everything proportional, etc. I can't afford vector software, and I downloaded inkscape a while back, but I have no idea how to use that program effectively. Hopefully I can learn how to use that program well really soon, but until then I'll work in raster. So, does this parrot look ok. I'm looking for some constructive criticism here. I'm focused on the overall position and proportions of the parrot and I think that with a couple of suggestions and execution this can greatly improve. The bird is supposed to be attacking/swooping down, if that helps. I want it to look fierce, while still maintaining some real features. C & C as usual. Thanks.

1PARROTSTEP4.png

I think the overall shape of the bird is good, but the details in the wings throw off the design, Try cleaning that up with more fluid lines and the design will look much better, IMO.

Yeah I think the wing on the right side should be smaller than the wing on the left side. I'll see what I can do about that later.

Bump.

I would need to see it colored in... There would be detail around a parrot's eyes, for one, that could aid the "style" of making it look fierce. That would include dragging the detail of the eye back (make it bold), or just get a new eye altogether, something like the new Hawks logo from elliott's sig and avatar above.

atlaltava.jpg

The colors of the team are the same as the LA Kings. The team is called the Purple Parrots. Yes, I know, same name as the team from Legends of the Hidden Temple.

1PARROTSTEP6.png

I don't know where to go from here. I tried to put some shading in and want it to look more effective. Also, the eye may not be right. I think it might look better more curved, similarly to the Arizona Cardinals. I'm not sure where I should go from here, so any help is appreciated.

I'm having trouble with my logo too, first concept I've ever made. I too am doing a bird and it's pretty hard to do. I found the less lines and points you use the better, it makes everything flow more. Try to get rid of some of the feathers along the edges and put some more detail on the edges. Instead of just a circle for the eye, make it look more of an oval with the top a straight line.

More with the eye, make the eyebrow a bit more curvy instead of just a straight line, and definately make it thicker, along with all the other lines. If you look at any of the logo concepts on the boards you'll see thicker lines make it look much more professional and not like a drawing.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Archived